Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

4 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I don't know where to start with this. Are you seriously asking me to list wingers who frequently outperform Leon Bailey? 

Just from the bottom four...

I'd swap him for any of Ouattara, Semenyo, Sulemana, Summerville, Gnonto & Harrison.

All would be an immediate upgrade from his average performance even if they can't get to his thrice a season 10/10 moments.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd swap him for any of Ouattara, Semenyo, Sulemana, Summerville, Gnonto & Harrison.

All would be an immediate upgrade from his average performance even if they can't get to his thrice a season 10/10 moments.

Don’t know too much about the players you mention, but was impressed by Sulemana this weekend. 

He's been a shambles recently. Really has. Not sure what's up.

If Kaden Young played like Bailey the last month I'd be saying get him out of the first team and back to youth football to protect him... clearly isn't ready.

36 minutes ago, Condimentalist said:

I don't know where to start with this. Are you seriously asking me to list wingers who frequently outperform Leon Bailey? 

Yes, it should be quite simple. There are only 20 clubs in the league and probably only a handful of teams near our level to pick players from.

So please list them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

So only two of those players I've actual heard of. Gnonto and Harrison. 

I think nobody would trade any player in our squad for those. Gnonto has a bit of talent. Harrison has had his chances and isn't at a level good enough for us. 

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think nobody would trade any player in our squad for those. Gnonto has a bit of talent. Harrison has had his chances and isn't at a level good enough for us. 

Not my problem guv.

I forgot Hamed Traore at Bournemouth. I'd swap him for Bailey as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'd trade Bailey for Gnonto in a heartbeat 

1 hour ago, Condimentalist said:

That is a tad irrelevant in many respects - Bailey is not good enough irrespective of who else is or isn’t good enough either  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Summerville should definitely be on your radar, he looks very useful. The others, meh.

It’s hard with wingers unless you watch 90 mins of football week in week out, because usually all you see is the moments where they skin a full back and do something decent. I imagine a lot of non Villa fans think Bailey is one of our star players.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bailey is really struggling tbh. He did well for the McGinn chance but generally his play is way to inconsistent. 

A wide forward will be a priority in the summer. 

It’s not his position. He’s a threat only when played on the left side.

On 05/03/2023 at 21:19, Tomaszk said:

Not my problem guv.

I forgot Hamed Traore at Bournemouth. I'd swap him for Bailey as well.

He is mainly an advanced centre midfielder. His "brother" who was at United is the winger

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bailey is really struggling tbh. He did well for the McGinn chance but generally his play is way to inconsistent. 

A wide forward will be a priority in the summer. 

He did something for that chance that he rarely dose, he took his man on , on the outside. He is normally predictable, cuts in on his good foot nearly every time 

Â