Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Think he is on thin ice to be no more than a squad filler sadly. Just don’t see a consistent reliable player in there… A more expensive El Ghazi 2.0 sadly it seems at present. Think he is worth keeping until next season, unless we get a good offer.

Edited by thabucks

I'd love Bailey to come good because he can be electric with the ball at his feet, but it's touch and go at the moment. Too many bad decisions. Just doesn't seem to read the game well. You don't expect wingers to be midfield generals, but you do expect them to know when to take someone on and when to play the easy pass.

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Think he is on thin ice to be no more than a squad filler sadly. Just don’t see a consistent reliable player in there… A more expensive El Ghazi 2.0 sadly it seems at present. Think he is worth keeping until next season, unless we get a good offer.

It seems clear that Emery keeps playing him as his system wants that kind of foil to Watkins but he's just not performing in the role and unless things change that will be the priority signing that Emery will want to make next window

• Like 2

Bailey is being played very high.up the pitch, and when are defending corners he is higher up than Watkins. He simply didn't get the supply he needed yesterday. He had a couple of moments in the first half, where he looked sharp, but wasn't able to fashion anything significant, the supply dried our after that.

Buendia came onand he plays deeper, he dropped into midfield, and did well with the goals, but otherwise consistently gave the ball away. 

The team in general was poor yesterday. McGinn stood out for his aggression, and Mings as he was the only one in defence that looked like he could be relied on. 

We got away with that one, Everton were better than us, fortunately we have found our scoring boots under Emery, and Everton don't seem to have any. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Random info.

Not sure if anyone knows about what's happened with Usain Bolt in Jamaica.

Basically, a " trusted " Investment broker stole/ " lost " 12 million dollars of his life earnings money, and he's looked distressed ever since.

Story has been out for i'd say the last month or more.

Anyway, I learnt yesterday that apparently a large chunk of Leons money was also wrapped up in that investment firm.

Has this affected him mentally/on the pitch as well? Don't know.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Random info.

Not sure if anyone knows about what's happened with Usain Bolt in Jamaica.

Basically, a " trusted " Investment broker stole/ " lost " 12 million dollars of his life earnings money, and he's looked distressed ever since.

Story has been out for i'd say the last month or more.

Anyway, I learnt yesterday that apparently a large chunk of Leons money was also wrapped up in that investment firm.

Has this affected him mentally/on the pitch as well? Don't know.

Yeah but how long ago did he potentially lose all this money? 18 months ago? 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Yeah but how long ago did he potentially lose all this money? 18 months ago? 😂

He's had good performances and sporadic little runs of decent form since he's been here man, come on.

People grossly exaggerate this.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's had good performances and sporadic little runs of decent form since he's been here man, come on.

People grossly exaggerate this.

It was a bit tongue in cheek JV 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

100m in 18 months then.

Jack could shoot someone in the head, and some on here would blame the victim for being in the way of the bullet... lol

Doesn't count.

Misdemeanors are only relevant to how loved you are at any given time.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Jack could shoot someone in the head, and some on here would blame the victim for being in the way of the bullet... lol

Doesn't count.

Misdemeanors are only relevant to how loved you are at any given time.

Yeah, Jack made mistakes, like McGrath before him but both were forgiven by the majority because they performed on the pitch. Bailey made a mistake I personally don’t really care. He needs to improve on the pitch though. 

• Like 1

Â