Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I think he's better off the right of midfield. Anyway, he'll be a squad player next season if he can't make a better impression over the final 14 games

Just so lightweight, makes the wrong choices and where is that pace I remember…so disappointing compared to what he was like at his previous club. I was so excited when we signed him.

• Like 2

Unfortunately he has one gear which is running at a defence with the ball. Teams are aware this is his game and play deep against us to not allow this to happen. And he's completely ineffectual at every other part of the game.

Good dribbler, fast, good shot. No real passing quality, defensive capability and loses the ball under any pressure. Not suited to PL with his current skillset. Unlikely to be able to adapt 

Bit of an Adama Traore style player who will always flatter to deceive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

Unfortunately he has one gear which is running at a defence with the ball. Teams are aware this is his game and play deep against us to not allow this to happen. And he's completely ineffectual at every other part of the game.

Good dribbler, fast, good shot. No real passing quality, defensive capability and loses the ball under any pressure. Not suited to PL with his current skillset. Unlikely to be able to adapt 

Bit of an Adama Traore style player who will always flatter to deceive.

Yep, he's very predictable

11 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

N’Zogbia mark II. His game is just so poor  frustrating because he really shone in a Germany. Has scored some great goals though to be fair!

Not anywhere near as bad as N'Zog. Confidence seems low, makes the wrong decisions time after, overplays it as well. Not sure if we can afford a player who can be a 6/10 or a 9/10 depending on which way the winds blowing. I would prefer more of a an 8/10 player on a more consistent basis but I have my doubts on whether he can be that player. Maybe he should swap sides more, prefer him on our left tbh..

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

Oh well, we could of wasted £70m on Sancho or £80m on Mudryck. This is what you get from most wingers. We’re not the only club who have this problem. Needs to be used as a impact sub

Mudryk won't end up a waste

7 minutes ago, tinker said:

Not anywhere near as bad as N'Zog. Confidence seems low, makes the wrong decisions time after, overplays it as well. Not sure if we can afford a player who can be a 6/10 or a 9/10 depending on which way the winds blowing. I would prefer more of a an 8/10 player on a more consistent basis but I have my doubts on whether he can be that player. Maybe he should swap sides more, prefer him on our left tbh..

I'd have more patience if he was between a 9 and 6. But when he's bad, he's more like a 3 or a 4.

Edited by Tom13

if you watch his gen ram vids he is like greece lightning, where has that pace gone?

he is a bit of a one trick pony when he tries to go past players, i think anyone, including the fans knows what he is gonna do now.

he runs in to players and loses the ball.

he is about as strong as a wet paper bag.

tbh tho, i think he would be an ok sub for the last 20-30 mins of a game, i really dont think he will be a starter next season, or at least, if he is, i will be wondering why we f***** up in the market (again).

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

if you watch his gen ram vids he is like greece lightning, where has that pace gone?

he is a bit of a one trick pony when he tries to go past players, i think anyone, including the fans knows what he is gonna do now.

he runs in to players and loses the ball.

he is about as strong as a wet paper bag.

tbh tho, i think he would be an ok sub for the last 20-30 mins of a game, i really dont think he will be a starter next season, or at least, if he is, i will be wondering why we f***** up in the market (again).

What is gen ram?

He's had enough chances and time. One good game in 10. Even in games he does good things they are counterbalanced by the same terrible decision making, selfishness and over elaborate plays that we've seen time and time again.

He's been a massive flop and needs to go in the summer.

Edited by R.Bear
  • Like 2

Fair on Unai for trying to play him into form. 

Still think he’s just too lightweight for the prem. Wilts at the first sign of contact and once his marker knows it, can bully him out of the game. 

Buendia can frustrate with his lightweightedness but maybe it’s because he had to play in the championship, he can become an angry little gremlin when needed and get stuck in. 

Bailey gets toppled over and it’s going to be a long day. 

• Like 1

Would be a good super sub to bring on fresh against tiring defences imo. I would try him off the bench for a couple of games. We need a squad and we need subs who can impact the game so no shame in that.  He seems a bit lightweight and sloppy to play the full 90 at the moment, since he does cost us a lot of possession through turnovers.

It's not just the turnovers that concern me.

Off the ball his tracking/shadowing/tackling leads to unnecessary fouls, usually in dangerous positions (Ramsey is also guilty of this). Now he wasn't bought for his defensive capabilities, but knowing your limits and when you might or might not try to effect a tackle needs attention.

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair... MANY of us wrote of McGinn as done a couple of months ago.

Admittedley it's not looking good for Leon right now, but he might just need time out of the team.

Possibly but I think that is very optimistic. McGinn at least had some good spells under Smith. We had seen him perform at a high level previously. I haven't really seen any difference really between bailey under Smith, Gerrard and Emery. The same poor decision making. We know he has the ability the score a great goal but his general play is awful 90% of the time. Alot of our play going forward breaks down when he gets the ball whether dribbling into someone or misplacing a basic pass. We fix his position in the summer and we will look a much better team 

• Like 2

Â