Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

General inconsistency aside, Bailey is often making consistently poor decisions on the ball. That's not good enough. Inconsistency with beating a man/playing that final pass is acceptable. But he has to do better with his decision making.

This.  It's not the lack of goal involvements that is the problem but all the poor decision making, lack of aggression and his fragile nature that is super frustrating. Save the top line stat analysis for NBA and baseball players - it doesn't quite work the same way in football. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Very frustrating player but no doubt he has some real dangerous elements to his game. He tries to take on too many players which irrotaes me but then he can produce a moment if  magic.

Hes comfortably our best player for having a crack at goal from mid distance and testing the keeper. He's at his most dangerous when on the front foot and the movement is flowing but he's often let down by trying to do too much or running into a corner. Remains to be seen whether he can iron out his flaws. Seems a determined character who wants to improve so I have hope.

1 hour ago, birdman said:

Hes comfortably our best player for having a crack at goal from mid distance and testing the keeper. He's at his most dangerous when on the front foot and the movement is flowing but he's often let down by trying to do too much or running into a corner. Remains to be seen whether he can iron out his flaws. Seems a determined character who wants to improve so I have hope.

Very much agree about him being good at shooting from 15-20 yards. Sadly, a lot of the time that feels like his only real strength.

• Like 1

I just think his skillset isnt suited to the prem. Yet another player from the Bundesliga who has struggled.  He needs more space to run in behind. Cracking shot on him but i was expecting far more . 

I think he would be better on the left though . Playing as a traditonal winger . It would let him be more direct. 

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

General inconsistency aside, Bailey is often making consistently poor decisions on the ball. That's not good enough. Inconsistency with beating a man/playing that final pass is acceptable. But he has to do better with his decision making.

I think good wingers play in good teams. Bowen I dont think is anything special but West Ham have been solidly really good last few years so has looked better

If we were top 8 people wouldn't be as harsh on Bailey

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Your Traore hate is really odd mate. What is it about his game that you don't like? I want to know specifics. As he has composure and skill in abundance, and his decision making is far better than Bailey's. He's also a good finisher and intelligent.

In his own third he has been seen to make stupid decisions with the ball yes, and he has a languid style, is that what you don't like?

Lyon fans said he was shit. Was pretty much the argument

Â