U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

After we beat West Brom in the U17 PL Cup ten days ago, one of the Albion players Albion players put the goal he scored on his instagram, it wasn't great footage, but the No.3 for us looked like Chrisene, after that I was half expecting him to be involved last weekend either for the U18s or U23s. That said it could just have been one of the U16s that happens to resemble Chrisene.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

It will be interesting to see how Harrison Sohna gets on if he plays, he played for their first team in the EFL Trophy and I noticed he got quite a bit of praise from their fans after the game.

Only Carney's second start of the season. Last time he played he got 2 goals and an assist. JPB's 3rd start. He got a hattrick (although then he played the 0-0 v Wolves).

That midfield could be rampant. 

The funny thing is for as long as Davis has been around, he's still actually only 23.  This is the oldest starting 11 this season by almost half a year (156 days older than the side who beat sha).

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is that Patrick Zito on the bench? Thought he'd left . . .

Rather bizarrely, he's been in every single matchday squad in all 3 competitions this season.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that Dewain Sewell isn't been given more of a chance at this level, as he's doing very well for the U18s, only a few players have scored more than him this season and no other player in either the South or North division has more goals and assists combined as him. But then again I don't think we started playing Bradley Young in the U23s last season until after Christmas, and I think there are some similarites between the two in terms of their trajectory, neither of them made a big impression in terms of goal scoring in their first seasons with the U18s, but improved in their second seasons at that level.

If Sewell does well in the FA Youth Cup then he might end up having a similar season to the one that Young had last season.

Edited by useless