U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

That would have been a a false, absurd, and distorted representation of the game if they'd have equalized, by the sound of things if it wasn't for Etheridge we would have won by five or more goals.

On Etheridge that was his sixth appearance for them today for the U23s, not really good enough for a team that's just been awarded category 1 status, the whole point of it is to develop young players, not constantly play players in their thirties, it's not even as if they don't have other options.

Good win for us though, was slightly concerned when I saw how many first team players they had in their starting line-up.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Good win for us though, was slightly concerned when I saw how many first team players they had in their starting line-up.

And they still couldn't beat the kids!.. :flag::wave::crylaugh:

1 hour ago, useless said:

That would have been a a false, absurd, and distorted representation of the game if they'd have equalized, by the sound of things if it wasn't for Etheridge we would have won by five or more goals.

On Etheridge that was his sixth appearance for them today for the U23s, not really good enough for a team that's just been awarded category 1 status, the whole point of it is to develop young players, not constantly play players in their thirties, it's not even as if they don't have other options.

Think Etheridge has suffered with Covid so probably being brought back into the fold slowly.

Etheridge has played six of their eight U23 games this season, a senior player playing one or two games at U23 level upon return from injury is normal, but not six games, a player can be slowly introduced into the first team without having to play every game at U23 level beforehand. They're playing him to try and avoid big defeats, when really they should be using these games to give their youth players experience, that's the whole point of academy football, especially for category one status clubs.

21 hours ago, BOF said:

Iroegbunam standing out again by all accounts.

i think of all our youth players this season, Iroegbunam has been the stand out player for me in terms of consistency against all opposition, or maybe equal stand out with A.Ramsey, but regardless, the kid looks the real deal.

Its easy to have the flair players catch your eye, but i think Iroegbunam has been excellent every time i have seen him.

Edited by MaVilla

Stats updated for the noses game. Two new names in the matchday squad for this season. 16 year old English midfielder Mikell Barnes came on for his debut and 17 year old striker Charlie Lutz was on the bench.

There's a gap emerging now between the top 3 teams and the rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next round

Friday
18:00 Aston Villa(3) v Sunderland(13)
19:00 Burnley(7)   v  Middlesbrough(10)
19:00 Fulham(1)    v  Notts Forest(6)
19:00 Norwich(9)   v  sha(12)

Monday
13:00 West Brom(2) v  Stoke City(5)
19:00 Newcastle(4) v Wolves(8)
19:00 Reading(11)  v Southampton(14)

17 minutes ago, BOF said:

Next round

Friday
18:00 Aston Villa(3) v Sunderland(13)
19:00 Burnley(7)   v  Middlesbrough(10)
19:00 Fulham(1)    v  Notts Forest(6)
19:00 Norwich(9)   v  sha(12)

Monday
13:00 West Brom(2) v  Stoke City(5)
19:00 Newcastle(4) v Wolves(8)
19:00 Reading(11)  v Southampton(14)

The wife is gonna love the Friday night I've got planned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Right then, the first round results are in for the Birmingham Senior Cup, so keep an eye out on the Birmingham FA twitter for the draw for the next round. Results:

20/09/21 Romulus 2-1 Walsall

21/09/21 Alvechurch 8-1 Bedworth United

21/09/21 Coventry Sphinx 2-6 Aston Villa

21/09/21 Racing Club Warwick 1-3 Nuneaton Borough

21/09/21 Stratford Town 2-2 Burton Albion (Burton win 3-0 pens)

4/10/21 Coleshlll Town 2-3 Halesowen Town

5/10/21 Boldmere St Michaels 0-2 Redditch United

12/10/21 AFC Wulfrunians 1-2 Coventry City

13/10/21 Highgate United 2-2 West Bromwich Albion (WBA win 4-2 pens)

19/10/21 Lye Town 2-0 Solihull Moors

19/10/21 Sutton Coldfield Town 4-1 Birmingham City

19/10/21 Tividale 1-4 Stourbridge

20/10/21 Coventry United 3-1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Byes – Hednesford Town, Leamington, Tamworth

Feeney and Patterson still with England U17's, so I guess Swinkels will continue at CB. I would guess that Sinisalo, JPB, Archer and Carney Chukwuemeka will be with the first team in London, so I wonder if it'll be a team similar to the one against small heath.