U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

An absolutely dire game but one that was needed to show them that they havent made iit yet. 90 minutes of hard work with no chance to show our quality on the ball. 

Kind of reminded me of last week when the 1st team played Manure. 

We were Man Utd tonight. And Wolves were us . They won the majority of second balls and pressed the **** out of us that much we could not get moving properly. Jaden was rubbish tonight but when the oppostion press like they did  we were not quick enough to get into positions to help him out so he ended up having to try and get past 3 players by himself.

Loving Iroegbunam more and more every time i see him play. He is a **** dynamo in the middle but with huge passing ability. He could be challenging Jacob for that central midfield position if he keeps progressing. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Really good test for them tonight - Wolves pressed us high and hard right from the first whistle and we really struggled to get out. We're a team used to being on the front foot and being the aggressor and we looked a little lost at times when we couldn't get the ball into forward areas. We have weapons at the top end that can hurt teams and Wolves countered that by insisting the game be played in our half - fair play to them, it takes a heap of hard work and a load of organisation to do that well and they came with both. Their number three, Lembikisa was excellent throughout.

For us I thought Lamar Bogarde was outstanding and Tim Iroegbanum not far behind him, young Frankie Ealing also deserves a lot of credit for the shift he put in, he works harder than a fireman in an earthquake. I thought we struggled a little in midfield where we sometimes tend to go one at a time rather than as a unit - when we're on top in games it works well, but there were times tonight where we needed to keep things tight and tidy and struggled - like the syllabus of a school for recovering meth-heads, there wasn't any chemistry.

One player with a massive lesson to learn tonight is Aaron Ramsey. Ramsey is the most talented player on that pitch. He had a poor game. More than most he looked like a player used to being able to show the full range of his skills in attacking positions that was struggling to adjust to having to battle away in the trenches. In the second half he lost more balls than the local blind golf society and by the time he was substituted he looked frustrated and lost and his head had gone a bit. He can learn from this - you have to work and you have to earn it - and he will, he's an immensely talented young man, there still no one else out there that can do the spin turn that almost had him in on goal in the first half. He'll be back.

I thought Feeney added to his already impressive record of looking like the worlds most mature sixteen year old, he was solid, and the big Dutch farm boy next to him I thought showed signs of being a very passable left back - he's still a centre half out of position, but it was nice to see him get forward and be a bit more vocal.

They hit the bar and we showed flickers in the final minutes where we might have done something, but I think the draw was the right result. 

Lessons to be learned and some good ones on offer - probably better for these players in the long run than another big scoring win. 

Thanks for the thorough report BOF. Was looking forward to this one and was very gutted when I got home from my after work “pint” and realised I’d missed the lot. Doesn’t seem like a bad one to have missed as we generally get at least 2 goals in every match. Great that Feeney is in amongst this age group already but can’t help but feel our attacking capabilities will improve 10 fold when Chrisene gets back as Swinkels is not a full back at all.

20 hours ago, Rich192 said:

They’re usually on iFollow, and is usually £10 to the host club. 

They're advertising it on VillaTV+, so if you're already subbed you'll presumably have the game already - or it's £1.99 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kingman said:

Surprised no tickets are advertised for this cup match at Burton, Unless I've missed something? 

I had to ring up for mine as they were not on the official site.

Edited by Follyfoot