U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

@MaVilla no room for Jacob Ramsey in your side?

tbh he is such a part of the first team now, i dont consider him an u23 player, to me he's just a young first team player that has progressed from our youth system.

Where as the others like Archer, JPB, Carney etc, arent a staple in the first team yet, and are kinda half and half right now, at least imo.

Challenge accepted 

CHUK19          ARCHER          BIDACE 

RAMSEY20    CHUK17         RAMSEY18

CHRISENE     FEENEY       BOGARDE     KESLER

SINISALO

SUBS MARSCHALL SWINKELS BARRY YOUNG  RAIKHY LINDLEY IROEGBUNAM

• Like 2

So then following on from Outby Easters question the next one is which of them will make it and when i say make it that rhey will start in the premier league for us.

The odds are that out of the 15 or so we could name only 2 possibly 3 would make it on average . 

Can this lot beat the ofds ? 

Sinisalo  N

Kesler   Y

Bogarde   Y 

Feeney    Y 

Swinkels   N

Chrisene    Y 

Revan  N 

Chuk17   Y 

Ramsey A   Y

Raikhy  N 

Iroegbunam N

Lindley N

Barry N 

Bidace Y 

Chuk19  Y

Birchall    MAYBE 

Reddin     N 

Archer     Y 

Young    N 

even when i try to be really harsh  i still come up with 10 who have a real chance . Who i have followed and seen develop. I just cannot see how only 3 of these will become regular starters for the villa when they are all so talented and seem to have great character

These lads are exceptional. It’s so good to see it. The first team minutes that Chuck(s), JPB and Archer have got are pushing their development to the next level. They’re playing like men against boys at U23 level, and showing they’re capable at senior level. Exciting times when this crop matures, may well save the club a fortune in new signings.

Stats updated.

Friday 24/09
11:00 Fulham(1>2)     3-1 Newcastle(9>10)
19:00 Middlesbro(5>7) 0-1 Notts Forest(10>4)

Monday 27/09
13:30 sha(13)         3-2 Southampton(14)
18:00 Wolves(4>6)     1-3 Sunderland(12)
19:00 Burnley(11)     3-1 Reading(8>9)
19:00 Norwich(2>5)    2-5 West Brom(7>3)
19:00 Stoke City(6>8) 0-8 Aston Villa(3>1)

We don't really need to recall players from loans to allow us to send others out on loan, in fact it's more likely that we'd send players out on loan to allow us to give U23 experience to players we already have, we have a group in the second year with the U18s that you'd expect to be looking to move up to the U23s this season, namely, Hart, Tommi O'Reilly, Afoka, Reddin, Sewell, and Shakpoke when he's fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

After Wolves on Friday, we play the bottom three one after the other - looks promising.

Followed by the 3 just above them and then sha & Sunderland again. So after Wolves, our opponents are 13, 12, 14, 9, 11, 10, 13, 12 :)

• Like 1

And on a first watch, fifth goal is my favourite with Carney wandering across the box before tucking away - Caleb looks so confident one on one, like he'll never miss - Iroegbunam looked like he had a hand in a lot of good stuff in the middle - the front line we played with last night is going to be too much for a whole lot of teams.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Highlights from last night are on AVTV - I think they're on the free to view part of AVTV too.

The second half goals are lovely... first half a bit more scrappy, but looks like we could (and should) have scored more!

Iroegbunam always impresses me on these highlights.  Looks a cracking player.