U23 Development League 2021/2022

BOF

Just watched the highlights, some lovely stuff in there. They all look comfortable on the ball and have a good timing of pass. 

Last year in the cup run Raikhy really impressed me, yet you’d question whether he would now get in ahead of Inegobrum (forgive the spelling), looks a very good acquisition. 

Ramsey looks a natural. And of course the Chukuwumeka’s. 

That’s still without the likes of Chrisene who I read before many thought was the best of the lot. 

I know results aren’t always important at this level, but I think it would be good for them to get promoted this season as the likes of Chelsea and Man City will be totally different proposition and could aid the development more.

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know results aren’t always important at this level, but I think it would be good for them to get promoted this season as the likes of Chelsea and Man City will be totally different proposition and could aid the development more.

Yeah, I wonder if they decided to play such a strong squad (for the first time this year) to get ahead in the league and put us in pole position for promotion.

I am not expecting Carney and JPB to play much at this level this season.

• Like 1

Did you see on the last goal the Stoke right back trying to take out big Chuk off the ball and just bouncing off him. That made me chuckle. He should have been busting a gut to get back to stop JPB tapping in. 

This team look a bit special. I'm really impressed with Caleb's pace up front. I hadn't appreciated just how quick he is. 

Watching the highlights as well and the way they play football is great. No 50 yard runs or blasts from 30 yards . It is quick passing on the deck followed by multiple runs from the forwards and attacking midfielders to allow passing through the lines amd then heads up passing to someone else for a tap in .

Basically the move between Cash McGinn and Targett that just missed on Saturday is how we play.

Its exciting fast paced football and its being played at all our different levels now.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Watching the highlights as well and the way they play football is great. No 50 yard runs or blasts from 30 yards . It is quick passing on the deck followed by multiple runs from the forwards and attacking midfielders to allow passing through the lines amd then heads up passing to someone else for a tap in .

Basically the move between Cash McGinn and Targett that just missed on Saturday is how we play.

Its exciting fast paced football and its being played at all our different levels now.

It's the movement that really makes the difference - the young lads are so switched on, it's unreal. I'd love to see a match between the first team and U23's best XI.

Next round

Friday 01/10
16:00 Southampton(14) v Stoke(8)
19:00 Aston Villa(1)  v Wolves(6)
19:00 Newcastle(10)   v Middlesbrough(7)
19:00 Norwich(5)      v Fulham(2)
19:00 Notts Forest(4) v Burnley(11)

Monday (04/10)
19:00 Reading(9)      v sha(13)
19:00 West Brom(3)    v Sunderland(12)

17 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Did you see on the last goal the Stoke right back trying to take out big Chuk off the ball and just bouncing off him. That made me chuckle. He should have been busting a gut to get back to stop JPB tapping in. 

This team look a bit special. I'm really impressed with Caleb's pace up front. I hadn't appreciated just how quick he is. 

He already seems to be quicker than the Northampton vids last season.  I think the new gym that was built will make a huge difference to our players explosiveness. With Caleb i think our coaches will make huge gains with him very very quickly.  He looked ungainly in the vids but is already running far more efficiently this season. 

On 29/09/2021 at 10:17, BOF said:

Next round

Friday 01/10
16:00 Southampton(14) v Stoke(8)
19:00 Aston Villa(1)  v Wolves(6)
19:00 Newcastle(10)   v Middlesbrough(7)
19:00 Norwich(5)      v Fulham(2)
19:00 Notts Forest(4) v Burnley(11)

Monday (04/10)
19:00 Reading(9)      v sha(13)
19:00 West Brom(3)    v Sunderland(12)

Looking forward to watching the live wolves game tomorrow on AVTV,  

Guess they will be minus 2 or 3 as will be in the squad for Spurs 

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Looking forward to watching the live wolves game tomorrow on AVTV,  

Guess they will be minus 2 or 3 as will be in the squad for Spurs 

Yeah it's a little annoying. I agree with what they're doing and it's great to have so many talented players, yet our promotion prospects basically hinge on how often we put out a representative u23 side. It'd be great to be promoted. They should just get it done.