Tammy Abraham

nick76

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tammy has played 3 premier league seasons , 6 in 22 appearances last season, 19/20 15 in 34 , 17/18 5 in 31, if he keeps it up he’ll have similar record to callum wilson only difference is callum wilson Isn’t playing with world class players but Tammy has a way to go yet one good season doesn’t make you proven at PL level, Im not saying Tammy is crap by the way I was just defending one of our own players rather than a Chelsea player and given the the stats shown above 8 goals from RW is pretty good 

To be fair his last two seasons have great stats by goals per minute.  The appearances is deceiving because last season his average minutes was 47 per game (Lampard gave him heavy minutes per game, whereas Tuchel last few minute sub appearances).  So his stats were

Tammy PL 20/21 - 1033 mins - 1 goal every 172 minutes plus 2 assists

Tammy PL 19/20 - 2222 mins - 1 goal every 148 minutes plus 4 assists

which I’m guessing compares favourably to most PL strikers and even our own is significantly less

Ollie PL 20/21 - 3329 mins - 1 goal every 238 minutes plus 5 assists

and then you referred to Wilson who you seem to refer to career

Wilson PL career - 11,644 minutes, 1 goal every 220 minutes

So materially worse than Tammy albeit in worse teams as you say.

I personally don’t think you can justify that Tammy is not a proven PL striker

12 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It was seemingly ok to dismiss goals Traore scored in everdivise and ligue 1 , I have also previously said that I have no issue with us signing him, but people make him out to be the messiah for crying out loud

How random ?

Where have I dismissed traore scoring goals ? 🤔

You were talking about Tammy's goals scoring record in the Premier league, as was I.

I even said I was ignoring his championship stats as an 18 year old and 20 year old from your point of only using premier league stats.

I then pointed out his 6 goals came in 1040 minutes of football.

15 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

It was my last post before falling asleep. I remembered after posting Firmino played limited minutes last season compared to previous but couldn't think off top of my head who they signed and rather than edit just went to sleep. 

Having a look at league winning season of the front 3 Mane played least 2756 mins. Only Watkins played more minutes last season of our front 3 options. They won league with barely any rotation while playing cups and winning CL.

Jota is first decent front 3 backup signing they've made in ages

But even if you exclude Jota and just focus on their title winning season, they play with three strikers in Mane, Firminio and Salah.  In fact Mane and Salah are their main goal scorers aren’t they. They play a different type of front three to us, they play three forwards whereas we play 1 forward and two attacking midfield type forwards in Jack and Traore.

Also look how their team have been impacted this season with so many playing so many minutes the season before.  Mane and Firminio looked a shell of themselves and only Salah has scored for fun.  I hope that doesn’t happen to Ollie, I assume not because he didn’t have the other competitions.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

they play with three strikers in Mane, Firminio and Salah.

Facetious argument. As pointless as saying we play three strikers Grealish Watkins Traore. According to transfermarkt Mane in 378 games has played 19 games second striker and 12 at CF

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Facetious argument. As pointless as saying we play three strikers Grealish Watkins Traore. According to transfermarkt Mane in 378 games has played 19 games second striker and 12 at CF

I’m assuming like me you have watched both sets of three.  Liverpool play as three strikers don’t they (whether 2ndor CF)?  

Even your comment says Mane played as second striker or CF.  Jack isn’t described as a second striker or CF is he? 

On the other side Salah is a 2nd striker and Traore is a RW

So how am I wrong? Or pointless?  They have equivalent of 3 strikers on the pitch whether that is CF or second striker, whereas we don’t have three strikers.  Jack and Traore play very different roles to Mane and Salah.

It’s like a CAM, MF and DM are all categorised as midfielders but as per there names have sub categories and play very different roles.

If anything where Liverpool play 433 whereas we play 4231 if we get ESR or equivalent.

6 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Take a load off nick, you’ve earned it mate.

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF

We never know, a bid may go in for him  at some stage. Maybe we should hold our horses for a bit.

Animated GIF

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Are some people doing a sponsored make the thread really long task? 

Why are you signing up, the cost is a tenner per head to sponsor.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Why are you signing up, the cost is a tenner per head to sponsor.

They haven't promoted the donation page very well if so. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rolta said:

They haven't promoted the donation page very well if so. 

There are the secret ways they have not told you about in how to donate.

• Like 2

🎶 This is the thread that never ends. Yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting in it not knowing what it was. Now people keep on posting in it just because... 🎶

Â