Tammy Abraham

nick76

44 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m sure there is loads going on “behind the scenes”.

Might be boring for us but it’s great that we run a tight ship nowadays and no one really knows too much about our business unless it’s near completion or revealed by either club involved in negotiations. 

It’s possible that that’s why the media and so called “itks” keep making up crap, out of frustration. We don’t give them much to feed off of so they tend to resort to whatever gets them clicks and exposure.

I’m excited, we could bring in players that haven’t even been mentioned yet and I don’t think we’ll rest until the window’s over. Too much focus is placed on the obvious names but we may not necessarily go for them…

Lionel Messi Soccer GIF by FC Barcelona

Sorry he's been mentioned, but yeah who knows who's coming next 🤣

Sure Lange is trying his luck at some of the best players In the world as well as the likes of ESR and Tammy, bet he's looking everywhere. Even If it means we break the transfer record again and we eclipse it, now wouldn't that be something, getting on another level with signings.

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Lionel Messi Soccer GIF by FC Barcelona

Sorry he's been mentioned, but yeah who knows who's coming next 🤣

Sure Lange is trying his luck at some of the best players In the world as well as the likes of ESR and Tammy, bet he's looking everywhere. Even If it means we break the transfer record again and we eclipse it, now wouldn't that be something, getting on another level with signings.

Tbf, we have a major attraction or agent in Emi now. He’s raised the profile of our club and South American players (but not Colombians, after he pissed off and embarrassed them so 🤣🤣) may view us as more of an attraction, we already have 4 of them on our books… makes it easier for them to settle in.

Alvarez should be a doable deal at least…

Can’t see Messi wanting to come to Brum though 🤣 He’s on stupid money too and Barca are making sacrifices again to try n keep him on. Only Citeh or PSG could afford to take him on and get away with the financials loopholes etc.

It’s interesting though, obviously that is impossible, but getting serious,  if we manage to sign an attainable, high profile player it would do wonders for us and we would make up a lot through commercial revenue, merchandise and shirt sales… raise the profile of the club and attract other players, grow our fanbase…. there’s a lot of advantages.

I just don’t know if we’re capable of that yet and whether it’s even an approach that would interest our owners or Purslow… they’re a sensible bunch. I doubt they’d go for it, not at this point. We need to make ourselves stronger in a  commercial and revenue sense and make ourselves more resistant to FFP.

We can’t offer many players the lifestyle they crave either - sun, sea, sand, expensive yachts etc. 😆 But they can enjoy all that once they’ve finished their careers with us 🤣

Mind you, they can do all that stuff on holiday but the weather is another thing that can put em off. Nowhere near as much of an hindrance as it used to be though, plenty of players coming in to the PL from all over…

29 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It wasn't an arguement.

It was support for Tammy coming here.

25 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Correct, my choice of words were inappropriate. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

So crap like this comes up, and people believe we are after said player and it gets reported and regurgitated over and over again… 🤦‍♂️

I’d take him, he was great for us in The Championship. I think he’s a fantastic player, he needs regular game time and he isn’t going to get that Manchester United 

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take him, he was great for us in The Championship. I think he’s a fantastic player, he needs regular game time and he isn’t going to get that Manchester United 

He's not that good and had howler games in Championship. He won't get regular game time with us barring injuries. 

Not what I was referring to but he isn’t the only player we could sign in that position…injury record is a concern too. Wouldn’t mind at all if he was brought in for a reasonable fee but we can look elsewhere. Has to be right for us…

I just think too many of us are attached to players who’ve been with us before and clamour for their return simply  based on that (mostly sentiment), rather than making a proper judgement. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some fans STILL wanted Snodgrass and Benteke back, for example. Doesn’t always make sense or line up with our ambitions and project…

I do wish we would escape from this small time or small club mentality. Same goes for when people shit their pants when a player has an outstanding game for club or country and just say, “well he’s off then” 🤦‍♂️

We will and should just focus on the players that would benefit and enhance us the most, no matter where they come from… that’s what the scouting departments job is, to research & find the best targets and to take all the factors into account.

I have a lot of faith in the club to get things right though, the business we completed in our last window was brilliant. Excited to see what they have in store next, Buendia was a great start 👌

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I do wish we would escape from this small time or small club mentality. Same goes for when people shit their pants when a player has an outstanding game for club or country and just say, “well he’s off then” 🤦‍♂️

It's embarrassing to see

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's not that good and had howler games in Championship. He won't get regular game time with us barring injuries. 

Maybe not the worst thing, if we are more than satisfied with that Mings & Konsa partnership… (I’m delighted with it personally).

To bring in someone better would cost mega bucks, defence is not a priority. So a young player with potential seems a great shout, ideally someone who could eventually succeed Mings and work well with Konsa…

Again, doesn’t have to be Tuanzebe though…

We definitely need a new CB, now that Engels has gone. And someone who would be of much more use to us…

I dont get the Tuanzebe simping from people, ye he was decent in the champ, but we arent in the champ, i might take him for free as backup, but 10m+??, nope!, he is a walking A&E advertisement.

he missed 17 games in 18/19 with a metatarsal fracture, he missed 27 games in 19/20 with a thigh strain and hip injury, and he also missed 20 games in 20/21 with an ankle injury.......

thats SIXTY FOUR games missed in 3 seasons through injury.......

the guy is made of glass.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's embarrassing to see

The worst thing is, is that they always spoil or ruin the moment. You can discuss the prospect of a player leaving at any time but why be a buzzkill and dampen the enjoyment and excitement of seeing one of our own players truly excel?! Enjoy it!

It’s also embarrassing when you see us linked to exciting names/players and there are fans that say, “Na, let’s just get Tekkers/Albrighton/Snodgrass back…”

I mean, FFS… 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Please stay on topic

Only Tammy Abraham and complete worshipping of him allowed in this thread 

😜

edit:  gifs are allowed and actually encouraged.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

To bring in someone better would cost mega bucks, defence is not a priority. So a young player with potential seems a great shout, ideally someone who could eventually succeed Mings and work well with Konsa…

Again, doesn’t have to be Tuanzebe though…

We definitely need a new CB, now that Engels has gone. And someone who would be of much more use to us…

I agree with all except better would cost mega bucks. I'm sure scouts can find someone that wouldn't.

Also needs to be right foot for out ball. Already have Mings and Hause left foot 

Just now, nick76 said:

Please stay on topic

Only Tammy Abraham and complete worshipping of him allowed in this thread 

😜

🤣🤣🤣 👏👏👏

Was completely off topic, my apologies.

In all honesty, none of my comments were aimed at Tammy so… guilty as charged 🤣

We’ve already covered that to death 🤣

May as well lock this up 🔐 😆

• Sad 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

🤣🤣🤣👏👏👏