Tammy Abraham

nick76

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Thanks for letting me know Phil.

He's got more than enough good to be our main man along with Watkins, can keep them both fresh if alternate there play time and add randomness to who starts.

4132 for the win, get them both on and dominate the bottom half, change it up against better opposition.

Tammy? No thank you. Scores goals but all round game is poor, and that was at Championship level.

I also have no idea how someone who hardly ever strikes the ball cleanly manages to get so many goals.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Tammy? No thank you. Scores goals but all round game is poor, and that was at Championship level.

I also have no idea how someone who hardly ever strikes the ball cleanly manages to get so many goals.

Are you crazy he has scored at prem level so much.

Even Watkins makes cock ups and some howlers at times.

Everyone has howlers even Jack.

Edited by Dave-R

Just now, Dave-R said:

Are you crazy he has scored at prem level so much.

He's just not my type of player, I am biased towards players who have a style I enjoy watching, but I do feel Tammy has many limitations.

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

He's just not my type of player, I am biased towards players who have a style I enjoy watching, but I do feel Tammy has many limitations.

Everyone has limitations but like many other people Tammy keeps knocking down the walls and pushing on. Perseverance and will to keep doing better for the club he is playing for keeps him doing better than what his critics think he can.

I must be honest I love it when he scores because I know he's shutting up you lot, because let's face it you can't say a damn thing about his game so long as he's putting in a performance Tom. Imagine being like that with our CF Watkins all because he scores or puts a good bit of time in it'd be daft correct?

No matter what you say or the rest or don't want him here, we do have to make a plan to bring someone in, we can not stick with Wesley or Davis as next in line or to be used as a tactical change during games. We can't even start those two to give Watkins a breather and refresh. There are just so many advantages to having a second CF and what would be so wrong in having Tammy or another CF on a loan to buy and test the waters of it all???

People just flat out deny even thinking about it and it's madness.

26 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Would’ve thought a player who scores goals at a rate significantly higher per minute than anybody on our books would be enjoyable to watch.  I don’t know about you but I enjoy seeing us score goals.  Scoring goals leads us to wins and I enjoy those too.  Aside from Watkins we don’t have anybody that scores goals and Watkins doesn’t score at the rate Tammy does.

I would love us to sign him, and wouldn't mind us splashing £30M on him. I think he is a complete player, there are several areas that he can improve on, and given he is only 23 I'm sure he will. I think we need another proven goal scorer, Watkins can't play all games next season and needs competition. They can also work together in some games, Watkins playing out wide or Tammy dropping to the nr 10 role.

I think it was Grealish who said that Tammy had the best technique and ball control in the squad when he was here, or most difficult to take the ball from with his long lanky legs or something like that. He has got really good ball control and technique, especially for being such a tall player. He is a very intelligent footballer and makes great runs, hence why he get into so many opportunities to score and consequently scores quite a lot. He had a great understanding with Jack and the other ballers in the squad. He perhaps misses some, but he has a great scoring record and it is that ability to get into the right positions that is most important. He is very tall and can develop his heading even more, he is already great to have at defending corners. He can improve as a target player, but has all the attributes to be really good at it.

It's also increadible that he is only 23, feels like he has been around for ages, and has constantly scored goals. A question mark is why Tuchel doesn't play him, but most probably he simply doesn't fit the style of play, Tuchel seems to often play without an out and out forward, neither did for example Giroud get many chances under Tuchel.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

What league are they in, and is their midfield any good?

The invisible word is Villa that you somehow couldn't see mate 🤣

They are also In the prem league if by any chance you have not been paying attention for the past few years, we did actually make it up 😋

We even signed some new players and have had many different shirts already.

Edited by Dave-R

32 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I would love us to sign him, and wouldn't mind us splashing £30M on him. I think he is a complete player, there are several areas that he can improve on, and given he is only 23 I'm sure he will. I think we need another proven goal scorer, Watkins can't play all games next season and needs competition. They can also work together in some games, Watkind playing out wide or Tammy dropping to the nr 10 role.

I think it was grealish who said that Tammy had the best technique and ball control in the squad when he was here, or most difficult to take the ball from with his long lanky legs or something like that. he had got really good ball control and technique, especially for being such a tall player. He is a very intelligent footballer and makes great runs, hence why he get into so many opportunities to score and consequently scores quite a lot. He had a great understanding with Jack and the other ballers in the squad. He perhaps misses some, but he has a great scoring record and it is that ability to get into the right positions that is most important. He is very tall and can develop his heading even more, he is already great to have at defending corners. He can improve as a target player, but has all the attributes to be really good at it.

It's also increadible that he is only 23, feels like he has been around for ages, and has constantly scored goals. A question mark is why Tuchel doesn't play him, but most probably he simply doesn't fit the style of play, Tuchel seems to often play without an out and out forward, neither did for example Giroud get many chances under Tuchel.

That's a good post Keener, good read.

People think if Tammy joins that's it, doo we not make players better under Smith and Co?? I could of swore many a player has upped there game, some people forget that.

That's what I come up with he doesn't fit in his style of players. I should imagine when new coaches and managers join a club they start crossing off certain players for whatever reason, one main reason is what you suggested that Tuchel had no intention of playing him to begin with it doesn't mean he's bad though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I thought his all round game was excellent in his season for us.

I don't get it what they say because I get the impression that they feel Wesley and Davis are better than Tammy, that would be the most deluded thing for them to say lol.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

That's a good post Keener, good read.

People think if Tammy joins that's it, doo we not make players better under Smith and Co?? I could of swore many a player has upped there game, some people forget that.

That's what I come up with he doesn't fit in his style of players. I should imagine when new coaches and managers join a club they start crossing off certain players for whatever reason, one main reason is what you suggested that Tuchel had no intention of playing him to begin with it doesn't mean he's bad though.

Yes, and didn't he fit in like hand in glove to our system when he played for us? That was under Dean Smith too obviously.

• Thanks 1

Gives us options up front which we don't have, Davis could also go out on loan and Wes can be eased back in to see if he can make it.... I also think through balls from Emi and Bailey would really work for Tammy... 

4 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

Gives us options up front which we don't have, Davis could also go out on loan and Wes can be eased back in to see if he can make it.... I also think through balls from Emi and Bailey would really work for Tammy... 

Davis and Wesley played total of 281 mins last season and 90 of that was because Ollie suspended. We don't and won't play 2 up top. Do people not understand Smith formations?

Tammy would definitely be a big upgrade on Wesley and Keinan - no argument there - but I'm another who is not convinced that he is either (a) good enough for where we want to be going and (b) good enough to justify the sort of price tags being reported.

I may be wrong and if he does sign, I hope I am wrong but getting excitable because he did okay in the Championship here has me shaking my head.

Potential, possibly but I'd rather sign a player on the rise (eg: Watkins) than one that has really been going nowhere for some time now.

Â