Tammy Abraham

nick76

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

It’s why Southgate took so many RB’s to the Euro’s 😂

Also explains why we haven't signed a back up striker but have brought Guilbert back from loan.  He can cover both positions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, allani said:

Also explains why we haven't signed a back up striker but have brought Guilbert back from loan.  He can cover both positions.

I wonder if it’s just limited to RBs, maybe Ashley Young at LB could fulfil the role we are describing….maybe that’s why Young has really been brought in for 🤔😂

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wonder if it’s just limited to RBs, maybe Ashley Young at LB could fulfil the role we are describing….maybe that’s why Young has really been brought in for 🤔😂

I saw a Young shirt with a number 9 on it the other day so maybe you are right....

• Like 1

While I do agree with Gabby on some things I do think Davis has had his time and Wesley I do not think there's enough trust in either them or confidence to go out and get the job done.

I agree that we need another striker, I agree that we need someone better than the two mentioned. I also agree that you can't expect Watkins to play that many games in a very grueling league like the prem, it takes it out of you. Another quality striker is the way to go for a good many reasons.

Gabby's words in trying to say Bailey should play as striker:

“I said this at the end of last season, Villa do need another forward,”. “Keinan Davis is a good prospect, Wesley’s not going to get the game time and doesn’t really offer Villa that pace.

“You can’t rely on Watkins to play 38 games and not get injured, it’s not fair on him.

I think Bailey has been signed for the RW but if Watkins is out injured he would start up front for us ahead of Grealish, Buendia, Traore.

Obviously if Grealish goes we are then down an attacking mid and that solution is less attractive.

So my suspicion is we won’t sign a backup striker if Jack stays, but we might go for someone if he goes.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I think Bailey has been signed for the RW but if Watkins is out injured he would start up front for us ahead of Grealish, Buendia, Traore.

Obviously if Grealish goes we are then down an attacking mid and that solution is less attractive.

So my suspicion is we won’t sign a backup striker if Jack stays, but we might go for someone if he goes.

Yes, I think so too

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Redemption day for @nick76 😂

Happy to admit I've almost wanted us to be in for Tammy purely for how angry it'd seemingly make a large number of people.

I wouldn't be angry, just frustrated we'd be spending big money on a player I don't think would be worth it. Particularly when I think we could get the equivalent for half the price and put the rest of the money towards a midfielder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Is Tammy happy to swap the Chelsea bench for the Villa bench? Watkins is our first choice striker and we only play with one upfront. 

The thing is, he doesn't even make the bench at Chelsea, so, perhaps.

Tuanzabe has hardly kicked a ball since he played for us in the Championship, but we could do a lot worse as a backup I guess.

Edit: Not quite true, I was only looking at leaguye ap[pearances. 19 games last season in all competitions. 

Edited by Davkaus

If love for us to get tammy and axel back, maybe a sweetner for Grealish to stay? Squad depth would be crazy.

Why not have have two top class strikers on your books and then rotate them, Watkins doesn't have to play every 90 mins of every game, can always have Tammy coming off as a like for like. 

Maybe it's just our vision that we have class players in all positions. Get this done and keep Grealish and this'd be the best window ever.

• Like 1

If we aim to qualify for europe  ( and thats what the owners want ) then we need Tammy.Last season we dropped down from 6th because Jack was out,we dont want to do that again this season because Watkins is out. 

Â