Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

On my WC now...some tough decisions as I don't want to touch most of the premiums outside of Salah, TAA, and one City defender. Really struggling for who to take as my 3rd striker... First it was Wilson, then mid-match changed it to ASM, and now I don't know. Might take a punt on DCL given the fixtures and the fact he might be thrown into action sooner than planned.

48 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Talk of Everton v Newcastle being postponed now due to Covid and injuries for the latter. Being as the game's not until Thursday,  we probably won't know before the deadline.

That would be perfect as I've just taken a chance on Pickford given their fixtures and DCL coming back hopefully making them a different prospect. I was 0.1 off DDG and needed rid of Ramsdale.

49 minutes ago, BOF said:

That would be perfect as I've just taken a chance on Pickford given their fixtures and DCL coming back hopefully making them a different prospect. I was 0.1 off DDG and needed rid of Ramsdale.

Don't worry, I've brought in DDG and now it turns out Burnley have COVID

• Like 1

Curious how many of you use the predicted points site? Can see the benefits to it but feels like it's a step too far for me and like it's basically telling you who to pick. Admittedly I don't know that much about it so might be way off on that. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Lovely to see Salah’s EO low enough for his returns to actually matter

I'm leaning towards keeping him throughout and just dealing with the Afcon games. I've got 2 FHs it needed and I reckon it'll be 2 games out, maybe 3 at most. Although suspect travel restrictions might be in play by then anyway and no international travel so he wouldn't go anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Curious how many of you use the predicted points site? Can see the benefits to it but feels like it's a step too far for me and like it's basically telling you who to pick. Admittedly I don't know that much about it so might be way off on that. 

I don't use predicted points sites but I heavily use stuff like xG and xA to make my decisions, which I assume are used heavily in calculating xPoints

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't use predicted points sites but I heavily use stuff like xG and xA to make my decisions, which I assume are used heavily in calculating xPoints

If you're using the info to make the decision that's absolutely fine by me. I'll look at previous points and stats, but feel like them saying player x will score 7 points just goes to far and removes the fun. But that's just me. 

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having Bowen is finally paying off. Hattrick of assists today. If Salah can grab a goal or two later then it should be a decent gameweek

Bowen, Antonio and Dennis returns for me so far so good (especially as I only have 8 or 9 players, no GK and forgot to do anything so sat on 2 FTs). A Salah haul would be very handy. 

Edited by Rds1983

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Having Bowen is finally paying off. Hattrick of assists today. If Salah can grab a goal or two later then it should be a decent gameweek

Could have had another if Antonio fired anywhere but at the keeper, plus the VAR-chalked off goal

• Like 1

Â