Emile Smith Rowe

Nigel

1 minute ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Surely this is just his agent dropping rumours to get more out of Arsenal in their contract negotiations? 

Did his agent force us to bid for him? Has he got Percy and the Athletic on strings? The interest is real, what’s up in the air is the price that gets Arsenal to listen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Did his agent force us to bid for him? Has he got Percy and the Athletic on strings? The interest is real, what’s up in the air is the price that gets Arsenal to listen. 

Ok, maybe his agent has been InTouch with us and other clubs with the sole intention of getting him a better deal at Arsenal? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

If using Chrome... settings > site settings > Javascript. Disable it.

You'll have to enable it again in order to use other websites though, as most need Javascript to load properly 

an even better option is adding telegraph as a blocked domain for javascript

I think we've been around the block enough times with agents not to waste our time.

If there's been a bid (or 2) the interest and the possibility of him signing is legit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Ok, maybe his agent has been InTouch with us and other clubs with the sole intention of getting him a better deal at Arsenal? 

How does that work in real life though? Agent talks to Purslow, Purslow makes a real 30+ mil bid for the player, despite of having other targets, and hoping Arsenal would actually refuse? What if Arsenal say yes? 

Or are these two bids fake and they never happened? Then wouldn't Arsenal know about it?

11 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Interesting to see the last line on bringing in a set piece coach. 
About Time 0Gif GIF by memecandy

If I was our set piece coach I'd be the best coach ever.

" Beat the first barstool man and you barstools try heading it into the goal" . Done.

Edited by Sulberto21

2 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Arsenal won’t need to offer ESR better terms unless another club has actually contacted them about their player. I doubt many CEOs of football clubs are minded to increase contract offers on mere rumours generated by agents. I expect they possibly would increase terms if another club actively enquires. ESR might not become a Villa player but if Villa are actually pursuing, it may cost Arsenal an extra £20k/week for the next 5 years of ESR’s new contract. That’s an additional £5.2m they’d rather not have spent.

15 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I like evidence. The evidence is good that we’re run by top people who are not in the business of messing, or being messed around. So it’s a no from me.

• Like 1

The bid is real.

We would only bid if there was a realistic chance of getting the player according to his agent 

Players contract negotiations have been going on for months, which means there is a difference of opinion on the player’s value to the club.

One of two scenarios will prevail here:

1) Arsenal will match the players demands and get him to sign a new contract

2) Arsenal will accept our bid and allow the player to talk to us.

Now bear in mind, it would probably take what Arsenal are offering, and a pretty little sum on top of that to get him to leave them for us.

The odd thing here is that when we wanted JG to stay, he just signed a contract - prob because we gave him what he wanted, and he isn’t so greedy that he held us over a barrel.

If Arsenal value him as a £50m player, then why are they not offering him a contract to reflect that?

Edited by Thug

22 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

And our recruitment are so stupid they spend a lot of time trying to make something happen when there is no chance? That makes no sense given how savvy our team have been.  Maybe you can argue we’ve been duped for one bid but for us to go in for a second bid there is more to it.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I understand the interest may well be real, but, most of the reports of seen also state they are confident he will sign a new deal, so, why are we wasting our time if that is the case? 

I'd love him here, two close friends are arsenal fans and rave about him constantly.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

And our recruitment are so stupid they spend a lot of time trying to make something happen when there is no chance? That makes no sense given how savvy our team have been.  Maybe you can argue we’ve been duped for one bid but for us to go in for a second bid there is more to it.

There's been many instances throughout where clubs have bid more than once and the player has signed a new deal. It's not about the recruitment team being stupid or savvy, they could well spend a lot of time and get the deal done or the could well spend a lot of time and nothing materialising.

These things happen

11 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

How does that work in real life though? Agent talks to Purslow, Purslow makes a real 30+ mil bid for the player, despite of having other targets, and hoping Arsenal would actually refuse? What if Arsenal say yes? 

Or are these two bids fake and they never happened? Then wouldn't Arsenal know about it?

Precisely. Arsenal would need to receive a credible offer before considering they needed to up ESR’s new contract. Rumours wouldn’t cut it.

Assuming the offers are real, ESR and his agent will be using them to increase the value of any new contract. That could also penalise Villa as ESR’s agent could genuinely claim his player has been offered £XXXk per week to stay at his ‘Big 6’ hometown club and would need an extra £XXk to move to what is merely ‘project Villa’. In reality the only guaranteed financial winners will be ESR and his, no doubt money-hoovering, agent.

15 minutes ago, Thug said:

The bid is real.

is it? how do we know that?

asked this before and didnt see an answer - what does a formal bid look like? a fax? an email? a letter? who submits it to who? im guessing Purslow to Arsenal's equivalent 

how do the media know that we submitted any one of those seeing as neither arsenal or us have commented on it? who leaks it?

i do not trust agents and due to that my stance will remain that all of this is coming from him, whether or not its because its true or because its a negotiation tactic remains to be seen, if he signs a new deal i wont be lamenting villa or purslow thats for sure

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

I understand the interest may well be real, but, most of the reports of seen also state they are confident he will sign a new deal, so, why are we wasting our time if that is the case? 

I'd love him here, two close friends are arsenal fans and rave about him constantly.

It won’t be a waste of Villa’s time if their valuation of ESR’s worth (player and contract value) eventually exceeds Arsenal’s. If that doesn’t happen, it’s possible that Villa’s interest will cost one of their rivals an additional £5m+ in money. Money they’ll need to compete with us in the forthcoming seasons. I also expect the time spent so far on the two reported bids is relatively small. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

There's been many instances throughout where clubs have bid more than once and the player has signed a new deal. It's not about the recruitment team being stupid or savvy, they could well spend a lot of time and get the deal done or the could well spend a lot of time and nothing materialising.

These things happen

So you’ve gone straight to that.  Rather pessimistic view.

I imagine this is an agent manoeuvring for his contract renewal at Arsenal.

That said it would also very much surprise me if our team now would fall fall that. So basically I am confused.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

is it? how do we know that?

asked this before and didnt see an answer - what does a formal bid look like? a fax? an email? a letter? who submits it to who? im guessing Purslow to Arsenal's equivalent 

how do the media know that we submitted any one of those seeing as neither arsenal or us have commented on it? who leaks it?

i do not trust agents and due to that my stance will remain that all of this is coming from him, whether or not its because its true or because its a negotiation tactic remains to be seen, if he signs a new deal i wont be lamenting villa or purslow thats for sure

Exactly. It’s also well known that there are an infinite number of bids that shall forever remain ‘being prepared’!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I imagine this is an agent manoeuvring for his contract renewal at Arsenal.

That said it would also very much surprise me if our team now would fall fall that. So basically I am confused.

As previously stated, wouldn’t that require another club to actually contact Arsenal and not just be agent manoeuvring?

ESR’s agent to Arsenal - “Villa are offering my player more than your new contract offer.”

Arsenal to ESR’s agent - “ESR is Arsenal’s player for the next two years, not yours, and until we receive official interest otherwise, his new contract offer remains the same.”

• Thanks 1