Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is it cruel to say sell him this summer - too soon.🤷🏻… Just don’t rate him and cannot see where he fits tbh … 

Cruel isn’t the first word that comes to mind 😐

• Like 2

Fair enough … we all see things differently and I guess I negated to take into consideration  the car crash Gerrard era… 

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Another overlooked point in what he brings to the team beyond his creativity,  is the pressing of the opposition.

It's not a coincidence to me that we've conceded more goals than we did last season. He harasses the opposition defence and DMs and gives them far less time to pick out the long balls over the top to the strikers. With only Watkins really able to emulate what he does (who plays when Buendia does anyway), they get far more time to pick out their long balls.

If he gets back to full fitness, I predict he'll be in the starting 11 far more often than not. 

He's a great presser of the ball,  caused Newcastle all sorts of problems in the home game last season, probably our motm. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Another overlooked point in what he brings to the team beyond his creativity,  is the pressing of the opposition.

It's not a coincidence to me that we've conceded more goals than we did last season. He harasses the opposition defence and DMs and gives them far less time to pick out the long balls over the top to the strikers. With only Watkins really able to emulate what he does (who plays when Buendia does anyway), they get far more time to pick out their long balls.

kekpunk-kekpunks.gif

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

He's a great presser of the ball,  caused Newcastle all sorts of problems in the home game last season, probably our motm. 

Dan Burn still wakes up at nighttime in a cold sweat thinking about McGinn and Buendia running at him.

He was so badly terrorised in that game they replaced him with 15 to go.

• Like 1

Wish we could have him back rn… but obviously not worth taking any risks and need to get him back to peak fitness, sharpness and condition. Not gonna happen but… would be a massive boost. 

Maybe some sort of cameo or appearance from Emi and Ty at VP or in squad before season is over… walk out with the rest of the team at the end of the final home game perhaps…

Neither have got to the stage of playing any “warm up games” or with the youngsters so very unlikely that they’ll be involved… Will be great to have them back next season regardless… 

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Might be the first day back at training!

I imagine this is a little morale boost for the squad / fans ahead of Thursday. 

Would be great if he genuinely is back in team training as that would mean a potential return at Palace, but I'm thinking we'll be looking after him over a fairytale return. 

• Like 1

Would love to have Emi back this year but isn't going to happen 😭

He's the type of player who could come on with energy to turn a game so even if he needs to be brought back in slowly, having him next year will be immense !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

If he gets back to full fitness, I predict he'll be in the starting 11 far more often than not. 

Ye and Watkins is not doing as much pressing as before Emery came because Emery says it's wasting his energy and then he's not in the right spot to score when there's a chance. We've definitely missed Buendia's tenacity upfront

Â