Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We don't play wide mids. Emery uses FB on one side ie Moreno or Bailey moved to wing. I don't understand why everyone talks about signing wingers when Emery didn't employ that at all. Tielemans had his worst season at Leicester last season playing 6. His best seasons were playing more attacking 8 with Ndidi behind

His best season was playing along side Ndidi  that’s kind of how a double pivot works 😉, like I said we would have seen already. We’ll see different variations of Emery’s systems this season sometimes with Bailey and Diaby on the pitch one as a striker out possession then providing the width on the flank in possession, we’ll an attacking fullback on the right from time to time and a back 3 every now and again sometimes we’ll play with 2 attacking fullbacks. The one thing we won’t be doing is exposing Tielemans weaknesses by expecting him to defend that flank out of possession.

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Unlikely, we’ll use Coutinho, JPB and Bailey and alter the system slightly as well as bringing Zaniolo in.

As much as people blew their collective load over Coutinho last game he looked like he was running in custard at the end. He won't live with PL pace playing like that.

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I do believe he would have started our first game… I think many underestimate how valued he has been by Unai…

Forces a rejig, rethink and will affect our transfer activity…

McGinn or Coutinho to come in to that attacking role now, I would assume… we need our players to step up, at least until we bring in reinforcements…

Yep. Likely to be Kamara, Dougie with Tielemans pushed forward and McGinn and Diaby with Ollie up top. Though just as likely he'll throw Philogene a start.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

As much as people blew their collective load over Coutinho last game he looked like he was running in custard at the end. He won't live with PL pace playing like that.

25 mins a game max.

• Like 1

Just now, gwi1890 said:

His best season was playing along side Ndidi  that’s kind of how a double pivot works 😉, like I said we would have seen already. We’ll see different variations of Emery’s systems this season sometimes with Bailey and Diaby on the pitch one as a striker out possession then providing the width on the flank in possession, we’ll an attacking fullback on the right from time to time and a back 3 every now and again sometimes we’ll play with 2 attacking fullbacks. The one thing we won’t be doing is exposing Tielemans weaknesses by expecting him to defend that flank out of possession.

We had Ramsey and Mcginn in the 4 in a "442" they didn't play wide. The front 6 played roving pack part of the press. 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

We had Ramsey and Mcginn in the 4 in a "442" they didn't play wide. The front 6 played roving pack part of the press. 

Interesting that we’ve experimented with different systems during the pre season but not once seen Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara and Mcginn on the pitch at the same time, we’ve seen Luiz , Mcginn play central together, Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara Tielemans, but not once seen Tilemans play the Ramsey and Mcginn role z

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Interesting that we’ve experimented with different systems during the pre season but not once seen Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara and Mcginn on the pitch at the same time, we’ve seen Luiz , Mcginn play central together, Tielemans, Luiz, Kamara Tielemans, but not once seen Tilemans play the Ramsey and Mcginn role z

I know he was good in preseason but I didn't think he covered two positions at the same time

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Tielemans has played as a 10 for Leicester. He's versatile but I wouldn't class him as a Kamara 6. Dougie wasn't playing holding in double pivot last season to go with what you're saying. We could easily accommodate all 3 with Luiz or Tielemans occupying Ramsey role

Â