Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

even better if we can find a way of playing him from the start to try and win

We benched him and won 3 games in a row. It was the right decision for him to be on the bench today. 

FWIW, I really like Emi and sure he has a great future here. Maybe as an 8, if we can get a strong DM in. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

We benched him and won 3 games in a row. It was the right decision for him to be on the bench today. 

FWIW, I really like Emi and sure he has a great future here. Maybe as an 8, if we can get a strong DM in. 

i said 'find a way' not 'oh my god he never should have been benched'

We looked better when he came on. Soucek and Rice controlled the midfield, and we were mainly just opting for safety first passes sideways and backwards. It wasn't the game for Ings and Watkins together today, I'd have dropped Watkins and played Buendia instead in a 4-3-3.

8 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i said 'find a way' not 'oh my god he never should have been benched'

Where would you play him?

I appreciate we've won the last 3 with ings and Watkins linking, but this current formation means we drop buendia (or coutinho which won't happen). For me he's been one of our better players recently and I'd like to see the 433 or a 4321 tried again with Cash/Digne not as far forward as they were on the bad run.

I admit though I am not a fan of Ings and the Ings/Watkins partnership. So probably not on the same page as most.

Doesn't everyone think though if we can get buendia/coutinho working it's more exciting than ings/Watkins?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, maxjackle said:

I appreciate we've won the last 3 with ings and Watkins linking, but this current formation means we drop buendia (or coutinho which won't happen). For me he's been one of our better players recently and I'd like to see the 433 or a 4321 tried again with Cash/Digne not as far forward as they were on the bad run.

I admit though I am not a fan of Ings and the Ings/Watkins partnership. So probably not on the same page as most.

Doesn't everyone think though if we can get buendia/coutinho working it's more exciting than ings/Watkins?

Can't fault Ings work-rate, its been right up there. But yes i dont think the recent success is about Ings and Watkins starting and not Buendia. Everybody has stepped up. Under Gerrard though we are a team that win a few then loose a tew and i wouldn't be suprised, given the form of Arsenal, that will loose that one and Gerrard may have a rethink. 

Did he even touch the ball first half?

Considering he had fantastic pressing stats at Norwich this is game where we needed him to be sharp and making interceptions, instead Arsenal just passed it around him with ease.

Wasn't really getting back either to help out either FB, that was more Ramsey's role today.

Wonder what his long term future here is given we need to sign Coutinho full time as it's simply not gelling when we have both playing off the CF.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Considering he had fantastic pressing stats at Norwich this is game where we needed him to be sharp and making interceptions, instead Arsenal just passed it around him with ease.

How exactly is he meant to press 11 men on his own?

Â