Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s unbelievable some fans said they can’t see what Gerrard is trying to do after that game. We played some really good stuff. 

Agreed but we did a lot without doing anything. We were def unlucky at points but we have to create more clear cut chances (hoping Coutinho helps there) and actually bury them (which hopefully will happen more with Ings as a loan striker and Watkins on the bench) 

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Unbelievable that some are still critical of Buendia too, he was integral to a lot of this good play.

To be fair I was one of them but not because I don’t think he is a quality player. I just think at times he holds it too long and gets dispossessed  while we have a lot of players further forward so it leaves us caught on the break. 

Constructive criticism id like to think :)

Dirty....filthy........ beautiful little bastard. 

He's getting better and better. 

Should thrive with Coutinho and Digne added as well. 

Can't wait to have our pants pulled down on Saturday by a wedge of cash plugged up the refs arse and a dodgy VAR call after playing those goat shaggers off the pitch all night. Exciting times. 

• Like 4

Just now, Spoony said:

Agreed but we did a lot without doing anything. We were def unlucky at points but we have to create more clear cut chances (hoping Coutinho helps there) and actually bury them (which hopefully will happen more with Ings as a loan striker and Watkins on the bench) 

True but you also have to remember who and where we were playing. I know they ain’t on form but we still made Man U with all those star players have to defend deep and try hit us on the break. They got a lead and then just played counter at Old Trafford! 

• Like 1

He's going to thrive with Coutinho...  Too often Buendia isn't on the same wavelength with the rest of the team, but I can see the two of them absolutely ripping apart teams with Ings and the Digne/Cash fullback combo.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Gonna be interesting to see if/how they fit together. I wouldn't disregard Buendia's playing time considerably reducing. 

Really?  I honestly see the two of them playing together a lot.  Maybe if Bailey hits his stride, he may take Buendia's spot, which would add more pace to the attack, but I don't see that happening over the next month or so.

• Like 1

I cannot see any reason why they wouldnt be a huge threat both playing as 2 narrow number 10s. So far this season we have tried 

Ings .. didnt work at all

Traore .. didnt work at all

Bailey .. OK before injury 

Ramsey.. didnt work as out of position

Young .. didnt really work apart from the sub against Brighton

These 2 on paper could be a Suarez Coutinho type combo. The 2 most inventive skillful senior players in the squad ...

But they could also get in each others way ie Messi and Coutinho..

I am thinking the former . Bring it on 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Gonna be interesting to see if/how they fit together. I wouldn't disregard Buendia's playing time considerably reducing. 

Why? Buendia plays his best football from the right, Coutinho plays his best football from the left. 

It’s an absolutely perfect pairing imo 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Why? Buendia plays his best football from the right, Coutinho plays his best football from the left. 

It’s an absolutely perfect pairing imo 

We'll soon see. To me Buendia has mostly been operating from the left. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I predict Buendia detractors will complain worse about Coutinho performances

Â