Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

What did he do to merit the praise? I can't remember any standout contributions.

Well then I advise you to have a closer look. Look at our build up play, at throw ins, when players look up for a pass, you see one player constantly moving and showing up for the ball. He is always available, wants the ball, controls it in tight situations, manages to find the right passes, makes the key passes that hardly anyone else finds. It's just baffling how you and others don't see how much he contributes. On top of that he has the work rate that is only second to McGinn, tracks back and covers in our own penalty area, then in the attack in the next move.

His close control is perhaps the best of any player we have had in a Villa shirt and his passing ability second to none.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Well then I advise you to have a closer look. Look at our build up play, at throw ins, when players look up for a pass, you see one player constantly moving and showing up for the ball. He is always available, wants the ball, controls it in tight situations, manages to find the right passes, makes the key passes that hardly anyone else finds. It's just baffling how you and others don't see how much he contributes. On top of that he has the work rate that is only second to McGinn, tracks back and covers in our own penalty area, then in the attack in the next move.

His close control is perhaps the best of any player we have had in a Villa shirt and his passing ability second to none.

I think this being very generous for the kind of performances we've seen. 

Mcginn dominates games. Luiz has games where he is superb for 90 mins. We've seen it from Nakamba, Watkins and others. 

Buendia has just been moments here and there. If you watch the game back again, from 30 mins on, he did very little. 

Edited by DCJonah

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think this being very generous for the kind of performances we've seen. 

Mcginn dominates games. Luiz has games where he is superb for 90 mins. We've seen it from Nakamba, Watkins and others. 

Buendia has just been moments here and there. If you watch the game back again, from 30 mins on, he did very little. 

I’m afraid this is correct.

He was good for the first 35 mins but pretty poor actually for the remainder. 

Doesn’t look a £38m player to me.

I think he probably gets in our best XI but needs to be more consistent. Always tires badly. 

5 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I agree. It is similar to the Grealish role, and people are critical of that saying theres little end product. Buendia was dictating the play tonight, particularly first half.

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He played well tonight.

He's going to get caught in possession and give the ball away on occasion because he's in the team to take risks.

Safe football gets you nowhere, and player like him who never makes a mistake costs you far more than £40m.

I'd agree in other games. However, I don't think he took many risks tonight to try and be creative. I also didn't think he gave it away as much as he has in other games. 

I thought he was excellent for around 30 mins. And then it just stopped. His first time passing went worse, he looked weaker and tired on the ball and I don't think that knock helped him at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I agree. It is similar to the Grealish role, and people are critical of that saying theres little end product. Buendia was dictating the play tonight, particularly first half.

I'd say Dougie ran the game far more than Buendia did tonight. 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

He played well tonight.

He's going to get caught in possession and give the ball away on occasion because he's in the team to take risks.

Safe football gets you nowhere, and player like him who never makes a mistake costs you far more than £40m.

I’ve seen this comment a lot lately and I just can’t agree with it. In fact, I think it’s just plain wrong. 

Love him or hate him, losing the ball when it’s played into your feet in the middle of the pitch has nothing to do with taking risks or what you’re in the team to do. It’s just poor and it puts us under pressure. 

The management team know that and it’s probably why he isn’t starting every match. 

I know it's only whoscored, but it's based on stats, and he had a fairly low overall rating.

For those who think he was good tonight, if he played like that for the majority of the time over the next few season, would you be happy? 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Love him or hate him, losing the ball when it’s played into your feet in the middle of the pitch has nothing to do with taking risks or what you’re in the team to do. It’s just poor and it puts us under pressure. 

The management team know that and it’s probably why he isn’t starting every match. 

You're not wrong.  There were times tonight when it happened and it really shouldn't have.  He seemed to be trying too hard and they were trying doubly hard to stop him.  Even so, he's got an eye for a through ball that I've not seen in our other players.

I'll be expecting him to iron out some of the things we saw tonight, but he never gives up and is always looking to make a difference.  I think he'll grow as he gets used to the system and his teammates.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m afraid this is correct.

He was good for the first 35 mins but pretty poor actually for the remainder. 

Doesn’t look a £38m player to me.

I think he probably gets in our best XI but needs to be more consistent. Always tires badly

I don't think he's been fully fit at any point this season tbh.

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve seen this comment a lot lately and I just can’t agree with it. In fact, I think it’s just plain wrong. 

I don't agree that he lost the ball that often, he has the ball a lot for being a forward player and he is one of few that can receive the ball in tight situations and who the other players trusts to play those risky passes to. He will lose the ball now and then, but compared to how often he gets it and in those positions, it isn't something to criticize him for imo. Without him taking those risks we become a kick and rush team.

It's like when ppl were criticizing Jack for holding on to the ball too long and falling over. We very much need those type of players to be a passing team, a team that has possession and creates quality stuff, a anti kick and run Steve Bruce team. 

• Like 1

Â