Euro 2021 general chat

villa4europe

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

No hazard, injured, also missing vanheusden and witsel, origi didn't make the cut

Got some exciting youngsters though, Doku, saelemakers, verschaeren, keltaere... Bastard to spell

both Hazards are in the squad. Saelemakers didnt make it but Chadli and Vermaelen did

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

both Hazards are in the squad. Saelemakers didnt make it but Chadli and Vermaelen did

Seems when I looked at wiki earlier they hadn't updated it 

Witsel is in too, katelaere and verschaeren both out, both need moves to the PL... 

3 hours ago, BOF said:

A grand total of 5 defenders in Belgium's Euro 2020 squad :) Although they have Castagne down as a midfielder so we'll say 6.

Same with Meunier. 5 players for 3 positions (CB) seems fair enough. Also Dendoncker can also play in central defence.

Just now, villa4europe said:

Witsel is in too, katelaere and verschaeren both out, both need moves to the PL... 

Both Verschaere and De Ketelaere are far from ready to be regular PL players. They have the talent but are not ready yet.

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Disgrace if Trent is dropped.

Wonderful RB

He is

But he also can't play in a Southgate back 4 because he's not good enough defensively 

And he's been shit this season, cash has been better 

If we play 5 at the back and don't take him then yeah we've **** up but otherwise got no problem with it 

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I spot a reason for the lack of validity in your previous statement.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Disgrace if Trent is dropped.

Wonderful RB

Best in the world imo. watching Liverpool against West Brom everything goes through him and hes improved his defensive work 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Best in the world imo. watching Liverpool against West Brom everything goes through him and hes improved his defensive work 

Trezeguet turned him inside out 3 weeks ago, Vinicius played with him in the Champions League 

Neither are elite

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Trezeguet turned him inside out 3 weeks ago, Vinicius played with him in the Champions League 

Neither are elite

We're not going to agree but who won the game for Liverpool against us. Hes a wonderful player and back in form and he could play in a back four with two solid holding midfield players. But Southgate wont pick him or Grealish anyway. 

1 minute ago, VillaAlex said:

France are surely going to walk this tournament with that team. 

Don't think they are any better than England myself but Southgate will screw things up. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

We're not going to agree but who won the game for Liverpool against us. Hes a wonderful player and back in form and he could play in a back four with two solid holding midfield players. But Southgate wont pick him or Grealish anyway. 

After Alexander Arnold should have been sent off for crippling Trezeguet because of his poor defending. Great footballer shit defender, you cant bring a liability like that to a tournament when England have better all rounders

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Don't think they are any better than England myself but Southgate will screw things up. 

They have the best squad by a distance and won the World Cup with a poorer squad plus have an actual competent manager

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They have the best squad by a distance and won the World Cup with a poorer squad plus have an actual competent manager

Yes but England have a much better squad now than in the world cup. Foden outshone Mbappe in the champions league games. I think England have a great chance. 

Â