Euro 2021 general chat

villa4europe

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Who do England play in the group matches?

Premier League Football GIF by Prime Video

Genuinely blows my mind someone on here dosen't know England-Scotland is happening in under four weeks! Fair enough on the other two, had to double check it was Czech Republic.

Edited by VillaChris

26 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

0% chance of Jack starting. I mean it was seriously in doubt when he was one of best players in league in November and he's just been out for three months while Foden and Mount have really stepped up and secured starting spots. And Southgate will still start at least one of Rashford/Sterling although more on reputation than any great form.

Could still do a Platt in Italia 90 though, coming in during the tournment if England have dodgy group stage or lose a player or two to injury as things go on.

Mount will play CM and be our best player there

The mount vs grealish stuff was always stupid 

LW is very much up for grabs as sterling and rashford have had poor seasons 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Mount will play CM and be our best player there

The mount vs grealish stuff was always stupid 

LW is very much up for grabs as sterling and rashford have had poor seasons 

Foden got that one secured given he plays there every single week for Man. City currently, Sterling will just be shifted to the right I think.

Rashford super sub as he's awful for Man. United on the right generally bar the odd decent cross, that was the only thing he really did v us for instance from that position. Greenwood can be thrown into mix aswell with way he's ending the season although not a serious starting option, perhaps for the next World cup.

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Premier League Football GIF by Prime Video

Genuinely blows my mind someone on here dosen't know England-Scotland is happening in under four weeks! Fair enough on the other two, had to double check it was Czech Republic.

Oh, i haven’t really paid attention to it since it was delayed from last year. Maybe I knew we played Scotland at the time, but that was a long time ago.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Oh, i haven’t really paid attention to it since it was delayed from last year. Maybe I knew we played Scotland at the time, but that was a long time ago.

I'm the same, had to look up who Sweden are facing. Were pretty sure they are facing Spain and Poland but had forgotten the final team was Slovakia.

And to be honest those could as well have been the opponents for the WC qualification for all I remembered. I checked and we are facing Spain then too.

58 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Foden got that one secured given he plays there every single week for Man. City currently, Sterling will just be shifted to the right I think.

Rashford super sub as he's awful for Man. United on the right generally bar the odd decent cross, that was the only thing he really did v us for instance from that position. Greenwood can be thrown into mix aswell with way he's ending the season although not a serious starting option, perhaps for the next World cup.

Might be wrong here but fodens never played on the left for England 

Sterling starting left Rashford first sub, foden right with sancho coming on for him

Southgate won't have the balls to play 4-2-3-1 despite the talent being there  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Might be wrong here but fodens never played on the left for England 

Sterling starting left Rashford first sub, foden right with sancho coming on for him

Southgate won't have the balls to play 4-2-3-1 despite the talent being there  

Could be wrong but pretty sure Sterling is always on the right hence why Sancho has barely started a game in last year and indeed still really to establish himself in first 11 and that likely won't change in next few weeks.

I agree it's likely beyond Southgate to work it all out. Maguire being potentially out means he's more likely to put in more defensive midfielders anyway. Rice + Phillips for example.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Will be Sterling and Rashford, they know the Southgate way. Even when Sancho was on hot form he couldnt get in ahead of them

be shocked if Foden or Jack start which is a pity as they are both(if Jack is fit) more superior than the 3 above

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Open tournament with France and England favourites but both have weaknesses. Germany, Belgium Portugal and Spain might challenge but have issues and Croatia have got old. 

Italy are under the radar and no players in the major finals could help them

England favourites 😂😂

We aint winning it no chance under southgate 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

A bit of a shame Ibrahimovic missing out the Euro, would have been a bit more entertaining at least

Im the opposite, he didnt deserve to go. I hate when players are too arrogant to play qualifiers in places like Faroe Islands or Armenia but happily turn up for the tournament. Stealing a squad place from a more deserving player

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im the opposite, he didnt deserve to go. I hate when players are too arrogant to play qualifiers in places like Faroe Islands or Armenia but happily turn up for the tournament. Stealing a squad place from a more deserving player

That wasn't really the case with the Swedish squad thou. If he had gotten a place it would have been in place of someone who hadn't played a minute of football in the qualifiers. And the Swedish attackers have been plagued with injuries this season. Now we'll get to enjoy John Guidetti or Isak Kiese-Thelin instead.

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

England favourites 😂😂

We aint winning it no chance under southgate 

Completely agree 

But the way gambling works in the UK and betting odds change and favourites are established we will be the favourites according to UK based bookies come the start

We do it to ourselves every time 

This team can score so we definitely have a punchers chance

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree 

But the way gambling works in the UK and betting odds change and favourites are established we will be the favourites according to UK based bookies come the start

We do it to ourselves every time 

This team can score so we definitely have a punchers chance

Southgate 8 defenders system and Harry Kane gives them a chance in the knockout stages. If only Southgate knew how attacking midfielders worked

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southgate 8 defenders system and Harry Kane gives them a chance in the knockout stages. If only Southgate knew how attacking midfielders worked

The quality is there, especially with foden, that we might do it in spite of him 

The 2nd round game is the key, could easily lose it or we could get momentum 

Edit - I am assuming that we win the group! 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The quality is there, especially with foden, that we might do it in spite of him 

The 2nd round game is the key, could easily lose it or we could get momentum 

Edit - I am assuming that we win the group! 

France and Portugal beat England I think, Germany not sure will get out of the groups

A grand total of 5 defenders in Belgium's Euro 2020 squad :) Although they have Castagne down as a midfielder so we'll say 6.

Just looking at England's path. You do not want to be winning your group. The winner gets the runner-up from the Germany/France/Portugal group. Whereas the runner up in your group gets the runner up in the Spain/Poland/Sweden group.

Â