FA Youth Cup Semi-Final vs West Brom (14th May 18:00)

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

No surprise that we lost then! 

Bad news, I have just read that apparently he is the ref for our upcoming match against Spurs. 😪

25 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am a bit young to remember but Swinkels seems genuinely 2 footed. Left and right footed 40 yard passes found their target nearly every time 

Chris Nicholl. That's who he runs like. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

That wiki page makes for depressing reading, not just the villa vs Chelsea game I flicked through some of the other games too and me saying that at least 3 will make it maybe 2 or 3 more as well it would buck the trend

So many players that play this final, win this final and then disappear 

What Chelsea did to youth football over the last decade is embarrassing, absolutely dominated it and yet no one really broke through and stuck in there 

I think that’s the way it is. If one of this crop of kids makes it as a regular into our first team, then we’ll have done well.

And then maybe 1 more every 2 years from each batch of kids.  That’s about the best we (or any other decent premier league team) can hope for realistically.

• Like 2

Great result. Would be nice to see Villa at any level win a cup.   The investment in the youth set up is starting to pay off. I love the fact our owners are building Villa  from the foundations up. The work at Bodymoor and the U18 bodes well for the future. We are in good hands.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Lucas Piazon made 1 appearance for them in his 10 year stint at the club too, only left this season. Tamas Kalas made 2 for them in his time there between 2009-2019. 

They must have made a small fortune on loan fees down the years.

Kalas randomly started centre back the game Chelsea cost Liverpool the league in 2014. Was a player i thought we should have signed in Championship 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I think that’s the way it is. If one of this crop of kids makes it as a regular into our first team, then we’ll have done well.

And then maybe 1 more every 2 years from each batch of kids.  That’s about the best we (or any other decent premier league team) can hope for realistically.

The famous Everton youth cup final of 2002, we had 5 players that played for the club and Henderson who won international caps. Probably made 8 million on players we sold as well

Everton had Rooney but nobody else

I was very impressed with that, against a game WBA side.

The players that took my eye was :

• Carney Chukweumeka
  • Louie Barry
  • Kane Kesler
  • Brad Young
  • Kahrel Reddin
  • Tom Fellows for WBA ( can we get him?)

I was pleasantly surprised, but not sure if any are ready for the first team....another 12 months at least.

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

Barry my motm tbf - really showcased his talent today. I'd love to see him and Carney in the first team someday. 

I will be surprised if you don't.....

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Imagine the enthusiasm if you were a fan.

Reality, is also nifty sheepy, we have heard of so many false dawns from enthusiasm out of control.

as it happened, I was pleasantly surprised.....so you can relax in the knowledge i was enthused.