Pre-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That would be justice for football, I want all of the stupid league rocket polishers to suffer, especially manure. 

Couldn't agree more.

Just reading Glazer finally commented and the wording is very telling of the scum that they are, the whole scum12 are STILL actively trying to make something work that benefits those clubs financially and no one else and we have absolute no brains numpties out there even considering no punishment for what they have tried to do, screw the club and their fans I say. Hateful scum.

• Like 2

I’d give anything for a win against this lot, we’ve been cheated out of more points in the last 20 years against them than any other side. Unfortunately, I don’t see tomorrow being any different. We’ll play well until the inevitable penalty/offside goal/red card, then we’ll fold. Referring decisions make this Man Utd side look better than they actually are, if we turn up and it’s actually a fair game then we stand a chance.

Its interesting they are playing us on sunday, Leicester tuesday and Liverpool thursday. So he wont rest players for the Liverpool game but he might for our game or more likely Leicester

On 04/05/2021 at 12:27, The Fun Factory said:

For about 15 years now I have had 3 major wishes for Villa- one is for us to win a proper trophy, to witness a 50,000 crowd at a expanded Villa Park, and for us to beat United at home.

None of them have occurred yet. United one is the easiest to happen one day.

Probably easier to extend the stadium judging by the recent run against them!!😉

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

I am cool about all teams.  None of them really bother me too much. I just love Aston Villa.

BUT,

There is one exception, and I cannot emphasis this enough. I absolutely hate Manure and their stupid, egotistical, entitled fans, the majority of whom know nothing about football, and I hate them with a pashun.

I would quite like us to beat them on Sunday. 😀

A derby win v Blues or a win against Manure????🤔

A board full of real positivity for this game??!

We have been decent against Man U recently.  Lost at home last season but, until the dreadful penalty decision, we were more than matching them and that was a team that was in the relegation zone and, in theory, low in confidence, and a draw at their place.  We should have got at least a draw at their place this season as well.

If they are a bit off - and they have had a mid week game - and we play like we did against Everton, then I think we have a shout.

I would play two up top as I think Davis could really bully Lindelof and create space for Ollie, but I say that most weeks and it never happens so I have no expectation of this.  Obviously Chuck will need to make his debut at 10 before Bayern come and snatch him!

• Like 1

I would love to beat them. Just sick and tired of their record against us.

If we beat them it would be the cherry on top of a fine season imho.

It would mean more to me than the Liverpool win.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Win against Manure every time. I view all other clubs with the same level of dispassionate interest.

Yes no question. Who cares about a lowly championship club. we want to beat the best. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes no question. Who cares about a lowly championship club. we want to beat the best. 

Probably shouldn't have asked about who you prefer to beat but rather who would you least like to lose to??

• Like 1