Pre-Match Thread

It still amazes me that people are annoyed at Dean Smith for the length of time it’s taken Jack to get fit... like it’s on purpose!? 
How would he be able to predict with any certainty exactly how long it would be anyway, and if he could, why would he tell our opponents when our best player would be back? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It still amazes me that people are annoyed at Dean Smith for the length of time it’s taken Jack to get fit... like it’s on purpose!? 
How would he be able to predict with any certainty exactly how long it would be anyway, and if he could, why would he tell our opponents when our best player would be back? 

I'm mad at Dean for the shitty weather today

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Smith's not a doctor either, so when smith said 'he should be back in x number of weeks " he has been told that by the club doctors

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Mantis said:

My prediction:

We go 1-0 up, then score a second which is ruled out for "offside" due to Wakins' eyelash. United then get the mother of all dodgy penalties in the 89th minute and score, and then score again in the 95th minute from a corner that shouldn't have been.

This is pretty much what is planned, ref briefed, VAR fixed, now they're praying to the little baby Jesus that we don't do anything we're not supposed  to.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Smith's not a doctor either, so when smith said 'he should be back in x number of weeks " he has been told that by the club doctors

I have to say, as soon as we were told Jack had a recurrence of a tibial stress fracture, I told my dad we would be lucky to be back this season given that it would take several weeks to months for the stress fracture to heal, then several weeks more to gradually re-load the bone from non-weight bearing to running, then several weeks of training.

Even if we had the most incompetent medical team in the world, they would know this given the time Jack was out last time this happened.

Either they don't know what they are doing, or Dean has no problems throwing them under the bus in the interests of creating uncertainity about the length of time Jack is out.

Last time, Dean kept saying that the medical team didn't know what was wrong with him despite the fact that the (correct) diagnosis of tibial stress fracture appeared on forums like this one almost immeditely after he was first out.  When people say "shin splints", I just ignore it, because there is no such thing, but when someone says "tibial stress fracture", as Martin Keown did on BT Sport, the other night, I tend to believe it because this isn't the sort of phrase that people just pluck out of thin air.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

27 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

On Friday, I took my wife to a private MRI clinic. While in the car park, a Lamborghini 4x4 parked next to us, and Traore got out and went in to the clinic.

He went in 10 minutes before my wife, and came out 10 minutes before my wife.

My working theories are either:

a. He has an injury and went in for an MRI scan, or

b. He is having an affair with my wife.

I am awaiting the team news with interest.

If he bags a hattrick today... How would you feel? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Speak for yourself, its 29° and glorious sunshine

Nice one deano 

Dean Smith just got me all hot and sweaty carrying around bags of compost at the Garden Centre in this heat.  Smith out!! 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

My prediction:

We go 1-0 up, then score a second which is ruled out for "offside" due to Wakins' eyelash. United then get the mother of all dodgy penalties in the 89th minute and score, and then score again in the 95th minute from a corner that shouldn't have been.

He has got beautiful long eyelashes. 

back to the future hes an absolute dream GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1