Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, smg said:

Hope the players are more positive than some of the people on here.

Hope the players are more professional than to pay any attention to a bunch of amateurs proffering opinions on a forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Hope the players are more professional than to pay any attention to a bunch of amateurs proffering opinions on a forum.

Do you think they read the comments ?

23 minutes ago, robby b said:

I'm quite curious about that, I occasionally wonder if a few of them do now and then.

To be honest I think they would be mad to go anywhere near them. I know the majority are supremely confident individuals but some of the stuff on here could destroy even the strongest.

1 hour ago, smg said:

To be honest I think they would be mad to go anywhere near them. I know the majority are supremely confident individuals but some of the stuff on here could destroy even the strongest.

It's much worse on twitter and they obviously report (or are brought to the attention of) when people are using racist language and other abuse v them.

This fixture does play on the mind though. Think to past VP games when we've been 2 up against these and yet the crowd and players are far more nervous than at 0-0 or 2-0 v any other opposition and we start miskicking clearances and dropping deep and inevitably concede.

Think in that situation BCD would really help us but got to get to that point which won't be easy.

On 04/05/2021 at 14:41, Wainy316 said:

All that said, it would be typical if our first home league win against them in a quarter of century happens when there are no fans in the ground.

As long as we do. 

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

On tomorrow, zero confidence. I think we'll have another good performance to follow on from wba and everton, but we'll get screwed with a dodgy decision again. 

Yep same here

Forget confidence in our ability or trying to criticise the team or the manager or the performances or declare that everyone is shit blah blah blah

Its man utd, I have zero confidence in the officials

The odds on a man utd penalty are probably so low that's its not even worth a bet 

• Like 1

I'm sure I've said it on here a few times but I always feel like I'm making lifetime payback for that 94 League Cup Final. It was literally impossible for us to win that game.  They were far and away the best team in the country at the time, literally everyone thought the treble was a mere formality. We had somewhat stuttered into the final. 

We had no way to win that game yet win it we did.  The Devil has been taking my soul piece by piece everytime we play them since. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

On 08/05/2021 at 02:04, barry'sboots said:

A derby win v Blues or a win against Manure????🤔

Another win against a tin pot Championship side or a win against a top 6 side we haven't beaten since half our squad was born? 

Is this really a question? 

1995 since we last beat this putrid outfit! Let's put that to bed, I just wanna see that Norwegian troll crying in the dugout lol... Joking aside if we are up for it like we were against the Everton, we can beat these joker's! Be nice to do it if only to shut those attention seeking Smith out troll c__ts 😁😁😁

1 hour ago, Rossi said:

1995 since we last beat this putrid outfit! Let's put that to bed, I just wanna see that Norwegian troll crying in the dugout lol... Joking aside if we are up for it like we were against the Everton, we can beat these joker's! Be nice to do it if only to shut those attention seeking Smith out troll c__ts 😁😁😁

Love Dean and love his loyalty to the Villa. As a 63 year I have seen us beat Manure several times and also seen some poor and awesome managers, but the when results are not going well, I wonder if Deano is capable of changing it.

But I do not believe I am an attention seeking troll c__t.  I find your post without thought of other loyal fans expressing an opinion

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Haha 1