Pre-Match Thread

I wish Man City hadn’t lost last night, will give Utd extra incentive to win this. They won’t want City winning it at their expense. However, I’m going against the grain here and saying I’m strangely optimistic. I don’t know why, just think we’ll get something out of it. 

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm sure I've said it on here a few times but I always feel like I'm making lifetime payback for that 94 League Cup Final. It was literally impossible for us to win that game.  They were far and away the best team in the country at the time, literally everyone thought the treble was a mere formality. We had somewhat stuttered into the final. 

We had no way to win that game yet win it we did.  The Devil has been taking my soul piece by piece everytime we play them since. 

One of their charming supporters lobbed a full can of Coke that landed on my bonce that day and sparked me cold. To say I have had little or no time for them since would be somewhat of an understatement. Do it Villa please

• Like 1

I'll never forget the banner when we played Man City in the 93 title run in.

Beat them 3-1 on the Sunday and they had a huge sign that said "Good luck Villa from the City of Manchester".

How ironic that we could actually be giving them the title today. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Which Villa will turn up today? Who knows, hopefully the good one.

I put myself on a betting timeout,  Villa v Man utd is not usually rocket science but I cant bet today.

I usually bet on Utd for very good historical reasons.  I think that all means,  Villa win then today 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I put myself on a betting timeout,  Villa v Man utd is not usually rocket science but I cant bet today.

I usually bet on Utd for very good historical reasons.  I think that all means,  Villa win then today 👍

You didn't bet on Utd, even if you usually do and win money? That doesn't mean Villa wins, does it?

32 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You didn't bet on Utd, even if you usually do and win money? That doesn't mean Villa wins, does it?

I think I am just fed up I cant bet on anything if I am honest to myself (3 weeks left on self imposed betting timeout)

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think I am just fed up I cant bet on anything if I am honest to myself (3 weeks left on self imposed betting timeout)

Three weeks is pointless. Give it up for good. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Three weeks is pointless. Give it up for good. 

It will be 6 weeks in total at the end.  Its a deal with my GP woman and my Mrs.

As they doubted I could do it.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D
  • Like 1

Even if we play well and somehow manage to be a goal or two up you know full well they will whine their way to influence the referee and get a couple of dodgy decisions.

Just cannot see us beating them considering they are still mathematically in with a chance of winning the league. 

Finally I imagine the referees will do everything they can to help them from the very start.

23 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Big week, 9 points incoming.

Unless Manure get a dodgy pen, given by a ref from their hometown, against a diving Fernandes.

No that's too improbable. 

Man United to score a pen is 4/1. 

***Runs off to sell everything I own and heads to the bookies.

• Haha 2

I wonder how that cheating rat face Fernandes will try to buy a penalty against us today. One of the worst decisions I've ever seen in last season's game and how on Earth VAR didn't overturn it still angers me today.

Horrific record against them but we played well at Everton (probably our best performance in 2021, particularly in the first half) so we need to perform similarly today. Cit£h's result yesterday doesn't change an awful lot as quite frankly they're still gonna win the league, but no doubt Man Ure will play a strong team against us and a weak one against Leicester.

Last win against them was 1-0 at Old Trafford in 2009 and our last home win in 1995. It's a dire record but I hope the players don't let it be a psychological barrier for them. I remember Spurs had an awful record against them that was even worse than ours up to a few years ago but in recent years have beaten them a few times so we have to try to get over this bad record against them. I don't just want one win in isolation, if we're going to become the team we want to be (a consistent European chasing team in the top 6-8 positions) we need to be competing against these sides every season and taking points off them. But we are well overdue a win against these that's for sure.

Same team as the last 2 games I'd imagine. No Jack again but as Dean says it's not a long term injury 🙄