Season Tickets 2021/2

turvontour

5 hours ago, BennettVilla said:

How would one get onto a waiting list for one? Albeit I’m sure it’ll be 10,000 before me in the queue!

Tap up a few local funeral parlours for their data bases.

Its a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy season tickets. Now it has become a seemingly in demand commodity more people will renew. In the past unless you were a complete die hard many people perhaps didn't get a season ticket as 1-most games didn't sell out and 2- comparatively to a lot of other clubs our match day tickets were fairly cheap.

One of the Lambert seasons (13-14?) I didn't bother renewing as I could get tickets in the upper trinity for most games via a secondary website from about £12 to £20 a game.

Later when I couldn't make a game in the Championship in the Bruce years you had to practically give your season card away. Now a different story.

14 hours ago, hippo said:

If you talking about 42,000 people in close proximity to each other then there's every reason to consider it right now.

I'm sure the club won't want to go through the whole refund process again.

Outdoors by late August? Doubtful. Unless there's a variant at large which escapes the vaccine. Which is possible of course, but it certainly shouldn't dictate the clubs plans.

8 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Outdoors by late August? Doubtful. Unless there's a variant at large which escapes the vaccine. Which is possible of course, but it certainly shouldn't dictate the clubs plans.

What would make you think that? Yeah, there’s an Indian Variant going around but we never know it might be gone by the time the season starts in August, and I also think maybe all of us will be vaccinated by then.

9 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

UK has a population of 67 million. Let's say we get 75% of the population vaccinated with a vaccination effectiness of of 90%. And assume a hospitalisation rate of 6%.

You can easily see how the virus will still spread.

Add in the current assumption that the Indian variant spreads more easily and only those who have two vaccinations are fully protected against it. 

Many scientists were predicting the peak of the 3rd wave at the end of August -even before the rise of the new variant.

It will surprise me if there are full stadiums in August tbh.

32 minutes ago, hippo said:

UK has a population of 67 million. Let's say we get 75% of the population vaccinated with a vaccination effectiness of of 90%. And assume a hospitalisation rate of 6%.

You can easily see how the virus will still spread.

Not really tbh!

1 hour ago, Louis said:

What would make you think that? Yeah, there’s an Indian Variant going around but we never know it might be gone by the time the season starts in August, and I also think maybe all of us will be vaccinated by then.

I may have been misunderstood, I'm agreeing with you. 

37 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not really tbh!

Seriously ????

This virus hasnt yet delivered on the optimistic side. Oh it will never leave China, the NHS can cope, the new normal by July 2020 !

Guess we will have to wait and see.

I guess I get a different perspective working in hospital. But a senior guy told me last Feb - this would kick around with peaks and waves for around 2 years - he's looking bang on with his estimate so far (imo)

30 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Purslow did mention season tickets in his interview. Just wondering if they  have decided to hold fire until the government decide to end social distancing or not.

I'm wondering if they may sell with a contingency plan for refunds at the end of next season or a balance carry over

I really can't see 42000 cramming in August.  

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I'm wondering if they may sell with a contingency plan for refunds at the end of next season or a balance carry over

I really can't see 42000 cramming in August.  

They probably have plan A to about E given the last 18 months.

Oh for things to be vaguely normal again!

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously ????

If we had 75% vaccinated with a 90% efficacy (your numbers) then no, there would be no '3rd wave', in my opinion. That's just maths. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

42 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Purslow did mention season tickets in his interview. Just wondering if they  have decided to hold fire until the government decide to end social distancing or not.

I reckon what will happen is they might make an announcement today publishing ticket details and maybe later on in the week they’ll release it in full and allowing us to purchase. Purslow said week commencing 31st May, not on the 31st itself. They way their not mentioning it on the social channels is their probably keeping it a surprise in my thinking.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If we had 75% vaccinated with a 90% efficacy (your numbers) then no, there would be no '3rd wave', in my opinion. That's just maths. 

It's not just maths at all. It's the interpretation of the maths.

That's still 17m people totally vulnerable to the virus.

Chile had a significant wave despite a significant vaccine role out.