Jack Woodward

Louis

47 minutes ago, Louis said:

I was curious how come Rego left WM? What is the current WM Villa commentator like now?

Official line is Rego "retired".

There is currently no Villa supporting commentator, so we have to put up with

Rob Gurney (Felcher)

Mike Taylor (Doghead)

Richard Wilford (Bloonose).

Non of them sound over-enthusiastic when we score.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but I think @Zatmanis referring to why you would want to watch that steaming pile of turd known as sha attempt to play football.

I need some comedy in my life 😂

• Haha 1

Not seen him in years I don't watch the AvTv content. Who does now it ain't on youtube..

Anyway his commentary was shit his interviews were shit his suits were shit and his banter was shit but worst of all his hair was shit. Scruffy bastard. Get some clippers and some wax.

No excuse. Embarrassment. Representing the club in his dad's suit from 1972 and hair like Worzel Gummidge

Jack is a nice enough chap and obviously loves the Villa, he just isn't cool enough and all content just comes across to me as a bit bland, boring, cheesy.

Would like someone more creative, interesting, maybe more diverse too.

Alan Partridge was a good shout from above😀

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not seen him in years I don't watch the AvTv content. Who does now it ain't on youtube..

Anyway his commentary was shit his interviews were shit his suits were shit and his banter was shit but worst of all his hair was shit. Scruffy bastard. Get some clippers and some wax.

No excuse. Embarrassment. Representing the club in his dad's suit from 1972 and hair like Worzel Gummidge

You might be more helpful if you made your opinion a bit clearer.

;)

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Official line is Rego "retired".

There is currently no Villa supporting commentator, so we have to put up with

Rob Gurney (Felcher)

Mike Taylor (Doghead)

Richard Wilford (Bloonose).

Non of them sound over-enthusiastic when we score.

I bet Mark Regan had a connection with Villa or probably sounded enthusiastic when he was commenting.

I remember seeing a farewell message on the Villa Park pitch side screen which was generous of Villa to do that for him.

if he left and if there was a crowd inside Villa Park to see that, I think he probably would’ve had a good send off from the crowd.

Think it was a shame he left and the crowd weren’t there to see him go.

My 2nd team after Villa is Aldershot which isn’t far from me.

The commentator who does Aldershot for BBC Radio Surrey has been doing it for a few years and when he first started he was awful because he was constantly reading shoutouts and not focusing on the game enough which drove the Aldershot fans mad on their fans’ forum. They all complained about him and eventually he did say sorry in the end. He gradually got better very, very slowly though which took forever.

I personally think commentating on the National League you probably don’t have to be a really good commentator but I think it’s a good start commentating on that level of football and working your up from there.

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Needs flipping for Emma Willis ASAP. ooooooof

Oh blimey yeah just realised she was a Villa fan but yeah I already did know she was from Birmingham.

• Thanks 1

BBC cost cutting I think was the reason for Reago leaving WM. Franksey has cut his hours back and only does Friday night phone ins. I imagine Henry Liston's wages are half of the folk he's replaced.

32 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

BBC cost cutting I think was the reason for Reago leaving WM. Franksey has cut his hours back and only does Friday night phone ins. I imagine Henry Liston's wages are half of the folk he's replaced.

Oh, that’s a shame Rego leaving...

I think he has an annoying voice, which makes being a good commentator challenging (and I consider myself to also have an annoying voice btw so I feel well qualified to say that).

He splits his time working for Villa and Derby, not sure if he’s actually a Villa fan or not.

I can’t believe that we can’t find someone better.

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think he has an annoying voice, which makes being a good commentator challenging (and I consider myself to also have an annoying voice btw so I feel well qualified to say that).

He splits his time working for Villa and Derby, not sure if he’s actually a Villa fan or not.

I can’t believe that we can’t find someone better.

I really wouldn’t know who would be better than him.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I need some comedy in my life 😂

🤣 I guess there is that, that is the one thing they are actually good for. Even during our lowest lows they would somehow manage to outdo us in the being rubbish department. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t really understand why he gets so much vitriol to be honest. Seems a nice enough guy. 

He seems a pretty harmless guy, I dont expect him to be some hard hitting journalist working as the in house reporter for the club. Think he commentates on friendly matches at most maybe some reserve games

It takes a lot to be offended by him

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind tony daley. He was great in play off final.

I wouldnt mind collymore either tbh (i know he has alot of haters so might not be popular choice). He was really passionate on TS

Edited by Demitri_C

Â