Jack Woodward

Louis

20 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

BBC cost cutting I think was the reason for Reago leaving WM. Franksey has cut his hours back and only does Friday night phone ins. I imagine Henry Liston's wages are half of the folk he's replaced.

Cost cutting eh?

So who's paying for the numerous new BAME presenters they seem to have on every night after 7pm?

They seem to be catering to a very small listenership.

Be nice to have a rock show like in the old days with Robin Valk.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt mind tony daley. He was great in play off final.

I wouldnt mind collymore either tbh (i know he has alot of haters so might not be popular choice). He was really passionate on TS

Oh yeah I forgot about Tony Daley. I’m not really overly keen on Collymore.

Jack is quite good IMHO. I don't know how brilliant people are expecting an in-house commentator to be, but I think he's towards the realistic upper limit. In fact, he had a stint doing voiceovers for highlights on Quest for a while, so he's not far off the level that gets you a more serious commentary gig.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jack is quite good IMHO. I don't know how brilliant people are expecting an in-house commentator to be, but I think he's towards the realistic upper limit. In fact, he had a stint doing voiceovers for highlights on Quest for a while, so he's not far off the level that gets you a more serious commentary gig.

I completely agree with you HanoiVillan because he is a good commentator. I missed him when he went and did Channel 5/Quest when we’re in the Championship but I wonder why he left when we were in the Championship, was it money etc?

He hosted the Chat to a Legend the other day and what a guy he is in general, such a fantastic personality he has a very down to earth guy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Louis said:

I completely agree with you HanoiVillan because he is a good commentator. I missed him when he went and did Channel 5/Quest when we’re in the Championship but I wonder why he left when we were in the Championship, was it money etc?

He hosted the Chat to a Legend the other day and what a guy he is in general, such a fantastic personality he has a very down to earth guy.

I assume he was just earning a bit more money . . . I don't know how these jobs work, but I guess I assume he's self-employed/a contractor, and so can do a bit of work here or there wherever he can get it?

PS I agree he seems like a nice guy; don't really understand why he provokes such strong emotions. Maybe it's because he's 'the sound of the Lerner-Lambert era' for some people.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assume he was just earning a bit more money . . . I don't know how these jobs work, but I guess I assume he's self-employed/a contractor, and so can do a bit of work here or there wherever he can get it?

PS I agree he seems like a nice guy; don't really understand why he provokes such strong emotions. Maybe it's because he's 'the sound of the Lerner-Lambert era' for some people.

I think he's freelance I think your right. Yeah he is nice.

• 2 years later...
On 07/03/2021 at 12:26, HanoiVillan said:

I don’t have anything against him at all. He’s just hilariously Partridge-y in just about everything he does, which is endearing more than anything. 

• Like 1

As soon as I hear his voice I remember the sleep talking videos that they did, hilarious they thought, cringeworthy in reality.

He is a very loud man, on occasion when he has commentated on the u21s and I have been there early, he struts around with his voice booming out to people a few metres away and no sound to drown him out.

Edited by AndyClarke

I can’t be doing with his voice, it’s too much. I find the current AVTV commentator the same, no balance in his volume, he goes from quiet to screaming in a second and it ruins the highlights for me. Sounds like a kid doing an impression of a commentator. 

Â