Jack Woodward

Louis

Does anyone think Jack Woodward has always been a great commentator at Villa? I honestly like listening to him although I haven't so far this season as we've been on TV.

I like the way he shows his passion for Villa on and off the mic, particularly when he was commentating on the Watford game last season (2-1 win) when Konsa/Mings goal went in and Woodward went ballistic.

I am just asking for opinions as I thought I'd create this subject.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont quite like him to be honest. Seems like a nice enough guy but i dont think he shows enough passion when we score to be honest

I am not too sure if he’s a Villa fan...

1 minute ago, Louis said:

I am not too sure if he’s a Villa fan...

Thats what i think. Id rather have a villa fan doing it tbh. Ive seen the blosetv and when blose score they go crazy. Would like to see our guy do the same

I once met him while I was working at a bar, I think he had a meeting with someone from BBC WM.

Nice guy, he was happy to talk Villa with me.

But I always found his commentary a bit meh. Like he is very good at what he does, but he shouldn't be doing this particular thing. 

1 minute ago, stuart_75 said:

I think you could be the only human being to suggest this.

I certainly am 🤣 no other subject about him really! I was bored so wanted to create this.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I once met him while I was working at a bar, I think he had a meeting with someone from BBC WM.

Nice guy, he was happy to talk Villa with me.

But I always found his commentary a bit meh. Like he is very good at what he does, but he shouldn't be doing this particular thing. 

I’ve found him a nice guy.

I’ve liked some of his pundits on commentary, Tony Morley, Garry Thompson and sometimes Ian Taylor occasionally was sometimes on comms with Jack.

My favourite out of those 3 has probably got to be Garry Thompson because he’s professional guy when he’s on the radio and good to listen to.

1 minute ago, Louis said:

I’ve found him a nice guy.

I’ve liked some of his pundits on commentary, Tony Morley, Garry Thompson and sometimes Ian Taylor occasionally was sometimes on comms with Jack.

My favourite out of those 3 has probably got to be Garry Thompson because he’s professional guy when he’s on the radio and good to listen to.

I used to take the piss out of Jack a bit, he's like a cricket commentator sometimes, telling us about pigeons and airplanes etc.

But since WM got rid of Rego I'd have cap'n Jack any day of the week over the three we get now (a nose, a Vermin Felcher and a doghead).

FWIW Cap'n Jack is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, I believe.

Anyway...any excuse for...

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i think. Id rather have a villa fan doing it tbh. Ive seen the blosetv and when blose score they go crazy. Would like to see our guy do the same

But why Memes

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats what i think. Id rather have a villa fan doing it tbh. Ive seen the blosetv and when blose score they go crazy.

Well to be fair, it doesn't happen very often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I used to take the piss out of Jack a bit, he's like a cricket commentator sometimes, telling us about pigeons and airplanes etc.

But since WM got rid of Rego I'd have cap'n Jack any day of the week over the three we get now (a nose, a Vermin Felcher and a doghead).

FWIW Cap'n Jack is a Sheffield Wednesday fan, I believe.

Anyway...any excuse for...

spacer.png

I was curious how come Rego left WM? What is the current WM Villa commentator like now?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When u watch a blose game on ifollow its usually the blose commentary team

I may be getting the wrong end of the stick but I think @Zatmanis referring to why you would want to watch that steaming pile of turd known as sha attempt to play football.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Â