Left or right handed

lapal_fan

Left handed or right handed?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Left or right?

• Left
    • Right

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Anyone else find taking the lid off a jar easier with their weaker hand? I guess it must be due to holding the jar with my right (dominant) hand is more important, but it seems counter intuitive to me.

Yes, but isn't this because as the unscrewing motion of anything is counter-clockwise, using your right hand on the lid means having to twist into your body whereas using your left hand, you'd be twisting away which is an easier/stronger motion?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Yes, but isn't this because as the unscrewing motion of anything is counter-clockwise, using your right hand on the lid means having to twist into your body whereas using your left hand, you'd be twisting away which is an easier/stronger motion?

Yeah that does make sense. I just would have assumed the strength in my right hand would be sufficient enough to overcome twisting into myself and equally my left hand would still prove to be weak enough to benefit from twisting away from myself.

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

10 points to me if you just mimed the action of jar-lid opening to verify for yourself, by the way.

Totally did. I’m sat down and I must have looked a bit like Blofeld if he’d made his cat turn invisible.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

10 points to me if you just mimed the action of jar-lid opening to verify for yourself, by the way.

asks mr bean GIF

I'm a leftie and I use my left. So your motion thingy logic still works i.e. it's not the strength, it's the direction. I've never opened a jar in Australia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

**** lefties and their stupid scissors. 

Oh yeah, lefties and their inconsiderate designs are really the problem here...

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh yeah, lefties and their inconsiderate designs are really the problem here...

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Oooohhhhh

200.gif

Some people have no sense of humour.  I bet you are ginger as well aren't you?  Go on, you are aren't you. 

Edited by sidcow

Watching a right hander eat is a thing of joy. If you see one in the wild ask them to put down their knife. The stupid Alf Garnett word then have to swap the fork over. Its quite funny the imbalanced fools. 

• Like 1

Â