Summer transfer window 2021

zab6359

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Is Jonathon Ikone beyond our means?

No, but is he any better than Traore? 

Defo like Federico Chiesa for the same position. On loan at Juve from Forentina and only 23. Would cost a pretty penny but looks a special talent and that step up in quality we need. 

Chiesa id say is the future of Juve and Italy so IMO zero chance of getting him... Im not sure how they play with Chiesa, Kulusevski and Bernardeschi. So maybe one of those two are more realistic targets longer term. 

Edited by thabucks

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Does anyone think Alexander Isak could be a target or is he a step too far and unrealistic? 

Would be a very good fit for us and he's simply miles better than Kienan Davis now or will ever be (and Wes).

La Real would probably offer us Willian Jose instead though! Think it's fair to say that's a pass after what he's done at Wolves so far...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Chiesa id say is the future of Juve and Italy so IMO zero chance of getting him... Im not sure how they play both Chiesa, Kulusevski and Bernardeschi

Bernardeschi basically warms the bench and isn't really that good (not for Juve anymore).

Think Juve will be offering Douglas Costa to some prem clubs in summer as he's only played 11 games on his return to Bayern Munich this season. Would be big name signing but 30 and on the way down now plus stupid wages.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dortmund has a €33m buy back clause on Isak, other than that Sociedad has been quoted at €70m for Isak.

Doesn't mean he'll cost that much of course but they rate him very high.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Another young striker I’ve been reading up on and trying to watch more of is Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina ... Any Serie A fans shed some more light on his abilities and potential? He appears to be a realistic option. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Dortmund has a €33m buy back clause on Isak, other than that Sociedad has been quoted at €70m for Isak.

Doesn't mean he'll cost that much of course but they rate him very high.

That's what FM told me 

I would think he's their Haaland safety net, if someone goes silly with Haaland and they lose him then they activate the clause and he ends up back at dortmund 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what FM told me 

I would think he's their Haaland safety net, if someone goes silly with Haaland and they lose him then they activate the clause and he ends up back at dortmund 

Yeah it's what's been reported in Swedish media as well. The guy they talked with regarding Dortmund said he didn't think Dortmund would buy him back but that was sometime early this season so things might have changed.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Another young striker I’ve been reading up on and trying to watch more of is Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina ... Any Serie A fans shed some more light on his abilities and potential? He appears to be a realistic option. 

He will apparently go to Inter if they sell Lautaro in the summer. For me he needs another season to develop at Fiorentina 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, thabucks said:

See Plop being linked with Berge as well as Spuds and le Arse ....

But I thought he wasn’t supposed to any good nor as good as Lundstram? Strange that they want him then 🤔

they were all linked with Adama Traore last summer

• Like 1

If Real Madrid have a massive summer spending spree an ambitious loan target for us could be Vinicius Jr. Had a good game for them tonight and would be very exciting pick up for us. Perhaps Rodrygo of the two they're more likely to loan out but I haven't seen as much as him.

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

Chiesa id say is the future of Juve and Italy so IMO zero chance of getting him... Im not sure how they play with Chiesa, Kulusevski and Bernardeschi. So maybe one of those two are more realistic targets longer term. 

Mentioned him before but told that was unrealistic too! Just think that RF/RW position is crucial and a spot I’d like to see us push the boat out financially to fill.

With Covid wrecking so many clubs finances in France, Spain and Italy, I think this summer might bring a few players within reach we wouldn’t otherwise get near in normal times. 

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Mentioned him before but told that was unrealistic too! Just think that RF/RW position is crucial and a spot I’d like to see us push the boat out financially to fill.

With Covid wrecking so many clubs finances in France, Spain and Italy, I think this summer might bring a few players within reach we wouldn’t otherwise get near in normal times. 

Right Wing is not a position that we will be signing a player in the summer, we just signed Traore who is still settling into the team

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

they were all linked with Adama Traore last summer

Very good point ... Kinda bittersweet he’s forgotten how to play football and suffers Titus Brambilus-itis ... Richardwrightitis... kierandyeritis... the older you get the shitter you become...

Randomly & weirdly they all started Out at Ipswich Town FC and were amazing in their early days! 

Edited by thabucks
Forget Kieran
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Right Wing is not a position that we will be signing a player in the summer, we just signed Traore who is still settling into the team

I think right wing will be our number one priority this summer. 

• Like 4