Weekends Football 28/31 January

andykeenan

I think Leeds are definiely overachieving, and as much as people on here spitefully can't bring themselves to admit that Bielsa is doing a good job or throw a tantrum when anyone else dares to praise him, it's thanks to him that they're doing so well, with most other managers they'd be in a relegation battle with the squad that they have, it's similar to the job that Wilder did with Sheffield United last season.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I think Leeds are definiely overachieving, and as much as people on here spitefully can't bring themselves to admit that Bielsa is doing a good job or throw a tantrum when anyone else dares to praise him, it's thanks to him that they're doing so well, with most other managers they'd be in a relegation battle with the squad that they have, it's similar to the job that Wilder did with Sheffield United last season.

With most other managers they wouldn't be in the Premier League now.

They hit gold with Bielsa.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Strange as it might sound, by the time that Leeds-Villa game comes around at the end of February, there might be nothing of any real note for either of us to play for.

I doubt it. We're only a point or two off top 6 now and a few teams will be playing each other in next few weeks Spurs-Chelsea, Man. United-Everton etc so all it takes is a win or two and we're right in it.

Leeds only need two wins to be sure of safety now but I can't see them going into beach mode anytime soon, they will target a top half finish.

Just now, useless said:

i dont think anyone denies they are doing very well, if Villa did last season what Leeds are in their first season back we would be ecstatic.

I think the issue people have comes from the over the top Bielsa spunk fest (yes he has done well - but nominated for best Manager in the world? - or something), as well as some other issues that makes people......not so open to praising them.

but ye, credit where its due, they are doing amazingly well, but their fans are pretty scummy and some of their players are t**ts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

They're doing well. Its just all the over reaction to it all that's annoying. And the fact Leeds fans buy into it all. 

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Can't say i'm looking forward to the Leeds game. And it's not too far away.

We can't deal with these pressing sides very well

beat the best pressing side in Europe over the last 5 seasons 7-2

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think anyone denies they are doing very well, if Villa did last season what Leeds are in their first season back we would be ecstatic.

I think the issue people have comes from the over the top Bielsa spunk fest (yes he has done well - but nominated for best Manager in the world? - or something), as well as some other issues that makes people......not so open to praising them.

but ye, credit where its due, they are doing amazingly well, but their fans are pretty scummy and some of their players are t**ts.

For me it's more the press and TV fawning with the idea that no other promoted team to premier league has ever come up and played like this or got decent results. Wolves were actually pretty decent to watch two years back and finished 7th which I very much doubt Leeds will do. I enjoyed watching Sheffield United last season and they'll also finish higher than Leeds will this season imo.

However I've always liked watching Bielsa teams right back to when he was Argentina manager in early 2000s and they played some wonderful football in run up to 2002 world cup. Shame they flopped there but he then went on to Chile and got them back on world stage and Bilbao were a great watch in 2011/12 season.

It's give or take with them but as I've said they could be one of those teams that will be handy for us as Leicester won't be the last team they take points off that are above us in remainder of the season.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If West Ham can get something today, I think we're on the verge of a full Klopp meltdown.

Would rather Liverpool won as getting at least a draw would further improve West Ham's confidence right before playing us but not hopeful looking at the team Liverpool have put out, far weaker than what they played v Spurs.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Good result for us.

Leicester definitely catchable. Win our games in hand and we are 1 point behind them

absolutely, good win for you guys. Vardy out made it a bit easier

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Every time I watch West Ham play they don't look that good, and get the impression it's only a matter of time before they start falling down the league.

I get the same impression.

They are grinding out results, it ain't pretty but fair play. But the ain't battering anyone.

Edited by villalad21

Â