Weekends Football 28/31 January

andykeenan

No doubt some will go back to overrating Brighton just because they've beat Spurs, after this they'll probably return to their usual form and woudn't rule them of going down yet, they're on exactly the same number of points that we had after 21 games last season.

24 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spurs are so lucky Brighton are shit. We'd have been 3-0 up by now. Cant wait to play them.

Thought Brighton passed through the lines beautifully but showed why they're bottom 6 continually messing up so many 3 on 2s. Imagine Jack on the ball in those situations with Ollie and Barks either side, we'd score 3-4 goals no problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Mad to think Spurs were actually 1st 6 weeks ago.

Will be bottom half way they're going. Chelsea and Man. City in their next 3 games!

Son and Kane bailing them out of jail every week were never sustainable.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

Thought Brighton passed through the lines beautifully but showed why they're bottom 6 continually messing up so many 3 on 2s. Imagine Jack on the ball in those situations with Ollie and Barks either side, we'd score 3-4 goals no problem.

They have the right philosophy and mentality but not the personnel. Just a bunch of skinny 5'7 dudes who don't have the quality in the final third. Maupay looking quite inferior to Watkins as it stands.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Son and Kane bailing them out of jail every week were never sustainable.

But but but Mourinho taking them to new heights little old Poch could only dream of........?

He needs to pray his players at least bother to show up for the cup games between now and end of season as he isn't making next year based on where they finish in the league.

Just now, useless said:

No doubt some will go back to overrating Brighton just because they've beat Spurs, after this they'll probably return to their usual form and woudn't rule them of going down yet, they're on exactly the same number of points that we had after 21 games last season.

I like them, they remind of Swansea when they were in the prem under Rodgers all those years ago.. it’s just nice to watch in my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

But but but Mourinho taking them to new heights little old Poch could only dream of........?

He needs to pray his players at least bother to show up for the cup games between now and end of season as he isn't making next year based on where they finish in the league.

I actually thought he'd do well this season considering his impressive 2nd season history with clubs.

But he is getting outplayed by Brighton. Modern football has passed him by and unlike SAF he doesn't seem to be able to adapt and change.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I like them, they remind of Swansea when they were in the prem under Rodgers all those years ago.. it’s just nice to watch in my opinion. 

Swansea had exciting players up front that could put the ball in the back of the net like Sinclair and Dyer. Brighton are very toothless. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I actually thought he'd do well this season considering his impressive 2nd season history with clubs.

But he is getting outplayed by Brighton. Modern football has passed him by and unlike SAF he doesn't seem to be able to adapt and change.

I think his strategy is completely outdated in 38 game league season now, constantly just playing for draws against half the league. It's easy to forget he took a Man. United squad who'd just signed Pogba, Mikhitayran and Zlatan to 6th in the league but was overlooked as they won europa and league cup in same season.

It can still peak in knockout cup football though so I reckon Spurs will gamble everything on europa league even if it means they finish 9th or 10th.

They're lucky aswell the league cup final got moved to late April as Man. City would comfortably win if it was in 3-4 weeks.

I just find it amusing given what he said about Wenger who won 3 FA cup in his final 5 seasons at Arsenal. Mourinho is now exactly the same peak in cup competitions manager and nowhere in title race.

Edited by VillaChris

Pretty sure Swansea were contantly in the top half under Rodgers, Brighton are always just above relegation zone, today was their first home win in the league in over a year, in general they're a poor team, nothing wrong with that other than people go on about them as if they're some super footballing team that are unlucky to be where they are, people talk about Leeds, but I'd say Brighton are the most overrated team in the divison.

Â