Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

On 09/09/2022 at 07:52, CVByrne said:

GET OVER THIS HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS THE PLAYERS WE HAVE

Jesus f'n Christ. What is wrong with the brains of people. 

677AFB52-73C8-4A88-8471-F061F230D858.gif.fc9b7b6e6507d1227b669841cdb0b4df.gif

6 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Exactly how/what have you based this opinion on? I have followed Villa since 1975, so I feel I have learned just a little about the game in this time, I’ve seen some truly gifted players and some downright dreadful players in my time. 
so if anyone asks me about Sansom - given the minutes we have seen of him, I would have to be honest and say I can’t really give an assessment of him, however given what I have seen, I would say that he has done enough to earn more of an opportunity to show us all, exactly what he can/cannot do 

You’re right we haven’t seen anything terrible or brilliant about him, because we’ve barely seen anything of him at all.

Given that we’ve struggled in midfield for far too long now, you would think we would have seen enough of him by now to at least form a reasonable opinion. However since this has been the case under two successive managers there must be something holding back his game time to this extent. I think there’s been some injuries but nothing for his seemingly constant place on the bench. Are there attitude problems that we just don’t know about?

On 09/09/2022 at 07:52, CVByrne said:

GET OVER THIS HE ISN'T AS GOOD AS THE PLAYERS WE HAVE

Jesus f'n Christ. What is wrong with the brains of people. 

I’m not sure how true this is. However I do think he has done something to burn his bridges.  We probably won’t know what that is until he leaves but if the manager is backed in removing him from squads it can’t be something trivial. 

I’ve noticed he is training with the senior team though. 

14 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re right we haven’t seen anything terrible or brilliant about him, because we’ve barely seen anything of him at all.

Given that we’ve struggled in midfield for far too long now, you would think we would have seen enough of him by now to at least form a reasonable opinion. However since this has been the case under two successive managers there must be something holding back his game time to this extent. I think there’s been some injuries but nothing for his seemingly constant place on the bench. Are there attitude problems that we just don’t know about?

Since he was more or less constantly injured while Smith was manager, only Gerrard have had the option to pick him.

The question is really do we trust Gerrard to objectively assess midfield players? Just look how he kept Luiz out of the team during our first few matches this seasons. In others words, Gerrard do not pick players on merit or form. Sanson be world class, absolutely rubbish or somewhere in between, but we have no way to know.

We will know more when we have our next manager in place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Since he was more or less constantly injured while Smith was manager, only Gerrard have had the option to pick him.

The question is really do we trust Gerrard to objectively assess midfield players? Just look how he kept Luiz out of the team during our first few matches this seasons. In others words, Gerrard do not pick players on merit or form. Sanson be world class, absolutely rubbish or somewhere in between, but we have no way to know.

Exactly. Gerrard prefers McGinn to Luiz so why would anyone trust him to pick our best midfield?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

One of the problems I have with SG, that makes me concerned that it isn’t just results and style of play that are the issues. He seems to have created an unnecessary level of toxicity within the camp. 

I accept that our soft mentality need’s addressing but not by falling out with the players and making divisions amongst them that is neither needed or helpful. The change of captaincy and the nonsense sprouted afterwards was completely unhelpful. There is also clear favouritism and a sort of bomb squad now too. Morgan Sanson is without doubt a victim of this. I didn’t realise he was largely injured under Deano, but is now not being selected rather than injured. For some unknown reason. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

I have heard that a lot but it simply isn’t true. It’s another example of people re-writing history to suit an anti Gerrard agenda.
There were plenty of times when he was available but Smith didn’t select him and he clearly didn’t fancy him. In fact, when Gerrard came in, he name checked Sanson as an important player for us who he was looking forward to seeing him in training.

Players earn the right to play on the training pitch where non of us see what’s happening. This kid has never done enough in training for two consecutive managers to pick him in a pretty poor midfield. If he was any good he would have moved on by now. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure if you can include Dean’s tenure, given Sansom was injured for most of this time, as for attitude, is there a source for this ? Or did the Man Utd substitution create an urban myth?
Given our position - you would have thought Gerrard might consider all options ! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I have heard that a lot but it simply isn’t true. It’s another example of people re-writing history to suit an anti Gerrard agenda.
There were plenty of times when he was available but Smith didn’t select him and he clearly didn’t fancy him. In fact, when Gerrard came in, he name checked Sanson as an important player for us who he was looking forward to seeing him in training.

Players earn the right to play on the training pitch where non of us see what’s happening. This kid has never done enough in training for two consecutive managers to pick him in a pretty poor midfield. If he was any good he would have moved on by now. 

Have you seen any training videos? Sanson is pretty impressive in them. They just both have/had an obsession with McGinn.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

One of the problems I have with SG, that makes me concerned that it isn’t just results and style of play that are the issues. He seems to have created an unnecessary level of toxicity within the camp. 

I accept that our soft mentality need’s addressing but not by falling out with the players and making divisions amongst them that is neither needed or helpful. The change of captaincy and the nonsense sprouted afterwards was completely unhelpful. There is also clear favouritism and a sort of bomb squad now too. Morgan Sanson is without doubt a victim of this. I didn’t realise he was largely injured under Deano, but is now not being selected rather than injured. For some unknown reason. 

Exactly 💯 and there is no second chance. The way Sanson  , Traore and Guilbert been treated is very poor and it's not like we're flying as a side to.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I wonder why he didn't secure a move away, at least on Loan. There might be a better opportunity in Jan if some teams get players injured during the season

He’s probably hoping like a lot of us are for gerrard to be sacked so he is given an opportunity 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

He’s probably hoping like a lot of us are for gerrard to be sacked so he is given an opportunity 

Very true. You've made it to the PL, why would you want to give up on such an opportunity so easily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â