Formula One - 2021

BOF

On 22/05/2021 at 15:04, KAZZAM said:

Danny Ric, I rate him but he really is underdriving that Mclaren. 

I think he's finally realising he's not as good as he thinks he is

• Like 1

Saw the F1 official Twitter account tweeting the highlights, saying 'One word for that: Dramatic!' so thought it would be interesting.

First highlight was lap 30 something and it wasn't dramatic in the slightest.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Saw the F1 official Twitter account tweeting the highlights, saying 'One word for that: Dramatic!' so thought it would be interesting.

Whhhat?? Are you mad? There was a wheel nut! That got stuck! How much more drama could you possibly need? 

And Leclerc not starting.

And Lewis not figuring.

And Mazepin finishing

And Stroll's lapses in concentration.

And Tsunoda's brown trouser moment

And a new Championship lead... yeah it was pretty processional wasn't it? :lol:I still love it though and want it on the calendar. It is a unique concentration challenge that you don't get at any other track all year so a bit like the commentators said, if you're going to win a title you have to win on different types of circuit. Monaco is certainly that.

Statistical oddity for the nerds. I also notice that not a single driver (with points) stayed in the same championship position they were in going into this race.

Just now, BOF said:

And Lewis not figuring.

And Mazepin finishing

That’s seriously lowering expectations of what constitutes excitement from motor racing.

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

That’s seriously lowering expectations of what constitutes excitement from motor racing.

You took that list seriously? You literally chopped out the punchline.

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

And Lewis not figuring.

And Mazepin finishing

And a new Championship lead... yeah it was pretty processional wasn't it? :lol:I still love it though and want it on the calendar. It is a unique concentration challenge that you don't get at any other track all year so a bit like the commentators said, if you're going to win a title you have to win on different types of circuit. Monaco is certainly that.

Statistical oddity for the nerds. I also notice that not a single driver (with points) stayed in the same championship position they were in going into this race.

I was being a bit flippant 🙂 To be fair, it was good to see Lewis struggling and to see a podium looking like that.

And it was also the race when Tsunoda of all people briefly held the Monaco track record!

30 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah I noticed this and had a chuckle to myself

"LIGHTS OUT AT MONACO"

*Cut to Lap 30*

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I was being a bit flippant 🙂 To be fair, it was good to see Lewis struggling and to see a podium looking like that.

And it was also the race when Tsunoda of all people briefly held the Monaco track record!

I was being completely flippant with my list :) It was a processional race. But I do think the race has value on the calendar is all.

• Like 1

On 22/05/2021 at 15:04, KAZZAM said:

Danny Ric, I rate him but he really is underdriving that Mclaren. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he's finally realising he's not as good as he thinks he is

Oof, harsh much :)  He's settling in. He's still got it. Probably doesn't help that, comparitively, his team-mate is in a seriously good groove at the moment in a car he's totally comfortable in. Kind of exacerbating the perception somewhat.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Oof, harsh much :)  He's settling in. He's still got it. Probably doesn't help that, comparitively, his team-mate is in a seriously good groove at the moment in a car he's totally comfortable in. Kind of exacerbating the perception somewhat.

Oh I rate him. He's a good driver.

But I think there's always been this opinion that he's being held back because he was behind people like Seb and Max and once he was a number 1 driver he would be fighting for titles.

But it's increasingly looking like he's just not quite on that level. In my opinion anyway.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

You took that list seriously? You literally chopped out the punchline.

I thought your line “yeah it was pretty processional wasn't it? :lol:“ was sarcasm because you really enjoyed the listed “events”.

I misinterpreted it, apologies :thumb: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I thought your line “yeah it was pretty processional wasn't it? :lol:“ was sarcasm because you really enjoyed the listed “events”.

I misinterpreted it, apologies :thumb: 

Ah OK gotcha :thumb:

On 24/05/2021 at 07:48, YouUnastanFren said:

Of all the circuits on the calendar currently this is the one I have put by far the most laps in on various arcade racers and racing sims so I will always enjoy watching qualifying here.

The race should be half distance though or with a special one off tyre compound that is so soft everyone has to 3 stop.

Alonso reads this thread confirmed:

https://racingnews365.com/alonso-proposes-specific-soft-compounds-for-races-like-monaco/

Alonso proposes specific soft compounds for races like Monaco

stopwatch.png
28 May 14:15

Alpine's Fernando Alonso has suggested that Pirelli could bring along specifically aggressive tyre compounds to unusual circuits like Monaco.

The Singapore Grand Prix has been called off this year and Formula 1 is assessing its options to replace the race, BBC Sport can reveal.

F1 and the Singapore authorities agreed it will not be possible to hold the event in the context of immigration restrictions in the city state.

Other races later in 2021 could also fall prey to the coronavirus pandemic.

Turkey, China and a second race at Austin in the USA are all under consideration as replacements.

BBC

• Like 1

A lesson to be learned there for a few of the teams - if you all dick about at twenty miles an hour trying to get a tow from people, you get crashes.

Leclerc on pole. Should be an interesting opening few laps tomorrow.