Formula One - 2021

BOF

I love Max, think that's come across quite obvious in my posts. Definitely the driver I actively want to do well every race weekend. 

Also helps he's the only one capable of taking down Lewis. 

• Thanks 1

Max Verstappen GIFs | Tenor

This is going very nicely. Perez in P3 ahead of both Mercs good to see as well. 

Lando is having a mega season, he's absolutely obliterating Danny Ric. Didn't expect that at the start of this season. 

22 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Max Verstappen GIFs | Tenor

This is going very nicely. Perez in P3 ahead of both Mercs good to see as well. 

Lando is having a mega season, he's absolutely obliterating Danny Ric. Didn't expect that at the start of this season. 

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

Come on Lewis!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

Well if Lando is a penalty then Perez there was worse.

Warwick backed himself into a corner giving that against Lando. I don't think his or the two for Perez was worthy of a penalty

Australia GP has been cancelled.

The 2021 Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne has been cancelled for a second straight year due to “restrictions and logistical challenges” relating to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.

The Victorian government said on Tuesday the slow vaccine rollout in the state and the federal government’s recent decision to halve its cap on international arrivals made it impossible at this point to give assurances over the event’s viability. 

“While it is disappointing we won’t be racing in Australia this season, we are confident we can deliver a 23-race season in 2021 and we have a number of options to take forward to replace the place left vacant by the Australian Grand Prix,” Domenicali said.

“We will be working through the details of those options in the coming weeks and will provide further updates once those discussions are concluded.”

The lucrative Formula One race in Melbourne, one of the highlights of the Australian sporting calendar, was called off at the last minute in March 2020, just as the Covid-19 pandemic was taking hold.

This year’s race had already been pushed back from its usual early season slot to November, when it was hoped restrictions would have eased. Victoria is almost free of locally transmitted coronavirus cases, but strict quarantine arrangements for overseas travellers remain in place.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jul/06/formula-one-australian-grand-prix-set-to-be-cancelled-again

On 04/07/2021 at 15:50, Farlz said:

Well that's been a good 3 weeks for Max 

Good for him. I think that's enough now though, lets call that his golden period and move on to a life of drudgery and failure please.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it's sprint race weekend. Exciting. I think it could be amazing.

Question - how much can the teams change the setup between sprint race and main race? If they can't change much it'll be interesting to see if any of the mid-to-lower ranking teams try to prioritise the shorter race.

20 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

So it's sprint race weekend. Exciting. I think it could be amazing.

Question - how much can the teams change the setup between sprint race and main race? If they can't change much it'll be interesting to see if any of the mid-to-lower ranking teams try to prioritise the shorter race.

Quoting myself... But it sounds like minimal changes are allowed, and those are particularly around areas that could compromise safety.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

Not sure I like this formant, that qualy just felt a bit irrelevant. 

Anyway, absolute Lewis masterclass that was. Work to be done for Max. 

Irrelevant? How come? It determines the positions for tomorrow's race, didn't feel irrelevant to me.

What I would say is that perhaps it doesn't need to have the full-on three-course complexity when it's leading into the sprint race but I get that they want full three-day event weekends so they want quali to still be worth being a ticketed event.

I went today and the qualifying and crowd reaction was amazing, our 3 boys did an amazing job. It does feel a bit hollow though but maybe the sprint race will be immense.

Was quite surprised how the day built to crescendo in the way it did. Mostly a quiet crowd but by the time we got within an hour of F1 qualifying, there was attempts at a Mexican wave and cheering of the road sweepers....particularly if they beeped! This of course continued into qualifying which was about perfect as a Brit, only Lewis' slide on his last lap robbing us of what would have been an immense finale rather than a dramatic one.

If you haven't seen an F1 car in action, I'd recommend it, long day but the cars are far bigger than you'd think and are absolutely brutal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1