Formula One - 2021

BOF

Initial thoughts are that for the sprint weekends the qualifying (Friday) session is overly complicated for what it achieves. All it does is set the grid for the sprint that sets the grid. So maybe have a simplified qualy for the sprint race. Maybe make it a balls out qualy like olde times and try to achieve what the sprint race is trying to achieve by adding some non-tactical full on racing. Maybe make it a one car at a time one lap shoot out. That way everyone gets their moment in the sun, no one gets traffic or a tow, and you have the jeopardy that if you mess up you start the sprint further back but you can still rescue your grid place on the Saturday. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are we expecting significant changes to the ordering to happen during the sprint race, or something more processional?

Where do you start tomorrow if you crash in the sprint race?

You'll start at the back, and therein lies the risk. I can't imagine too many risks for 3pts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BOF said:

You'll start at the back, and therein lies the risk. I can't imagine too many risks for 3pts.

Random question - if Lewis and Max take each other out at the first corner - who starts at the back and who starts one from the back?

I'd imagine they'd find a way to argue about it.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Random question - if Lewis and Max take each other out at the first corner - who starts at the back and who starts one from the back?

I don't know the rules, but surely the simplest solution is just to start at the back in order of where they finished in quali yesterday? At least, that's how I'd do it.

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's usually whoever gets further up the track (distance travelled) even during a collision finished ahead in the race. 

• Like 1

Interesting, there is a mix of tyre choices. I thought they may all try the soft but most have gone medium. Bottas on soft could be interesting if he can get into the lead. If he does, would the tyres last?

6 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Settling into a bit of a lull now. Maybe it's just too long to be a sprint race.

Needs to be a sellout for money is king. I'd make it 2 sprint races, handicapped starting in reverse order, odd numbers 1st, even next, then top ten final 10 lap race for pole.

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

• Like 1

That was fun, but the second half of it was somewhat processional.

I imagine if there's more points on offer for this race then people may take more risks, but that to me would fundamentally change the format of F1 and I'm not sure I like it

Don't really know what to make of it.

Yeah not a fan of that. 

Pleased Max won I guess but any battle between the front lot was done after 2 laps and then it was basically Alonso v the rest for the remaining 15 laps. 

Unnecessary format they’re trying out. Bin it off and let’s leave it at that. 

Edited by Farlz