Formula One - 2021

BOF

Red bull looking very very strong and difficult to see Hamilton beating Max to the title this year.

Another good showing from Lando but if they are the third beat team this year and they are that far of the pace what are all the other doing

2 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

But is there any non horrible man to win the F1?

None of them are particularly lovely I guess, but for me Verstappen is second only to Mazepin in the dislikable driver stakes (with Vettel coming in third).

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

None of them are particularly lovely I guess, but for me Verstappen is second only to Mazepin in the dislikable driver stakes (with Vettel coming in third).

Is that on perceived character or because of things he's done?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

If I'm honest, I can't tell you. I look at him and I want to either punch him in the face or just get as a far away from him as possible. I don't like his voice, I don't like his face, I don't like the way he stands; everything about him says spoiled, mean kid with a massive ego. I just don't like him. I wouldn't like him if he was the milkman. I want him to fail as an F1 driver. I want him to fail at whatever he tries. 

It's not a logical thing.

What you've described there is how I feel about someone right in between Russell Howard and Bruno Fernandes for punchability.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I used to hate Vettell but since he's not been very good he's grown on me. I actually think he's pretty funny.

I just didn't like him being boring and winning everything

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I used to hate Vettell but since he's not been very good he's grown on me. I actually think he's pretty funny.

I just didn't like him being boring and winning everything

I warmed to Seb a lot when he appeared on Top Gear years ago. He came across very well I thought. 
Max does look like your classic rich, spoiled kid (of which F1 has more than its fair share) who thinks he’s the untouchable. It’s always nice to see these people fall.

I really don't get the Max hate. The way him and Ricciardo used to fool around at Red Bull showed he had a good sense of humour. If I could see the list of things in him that people have outlined then I could absolutely understand them not liking him. I just don't think he is the person you think he is. 

The only driver I actively dislike and positively cheer his failure is Ocon. The little prick.

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I really don't get the Max hate. The way him and Ricciardo used to fool around at Red Bull showed he had a good sense of humour. If I could see the list of things in him that people have outlined then I could absolutely understand them not liking him. I just don't think he is the person you think he is. 

The only driver I actively dislike and positively cheer his failure is Ocon. The little prick.

I've warmed to him a bit.

I used to dislike him because he was dangerous on the track. Making rash moves. he basically raced like everyone had to get out of his way and he didn't have to bother.

He's stopped that now.

Not a fan of Max but wouldn’t say I dislike him. Same For Vettel but certainly easier to get onboard since he’s become rubbish.

Norris and Russell both seem like nice guys, I really do hope Russel gets that Merc drive next year instead of Mr Non existent personality Bottas.