Formula One - 2021

BOF

Just now, Genie said:

Q: Why didn’t they release all the cars?

A: There wasn’t time

So they didn’t have time to restart then. Simple. It sounds like sour grapes but it’s a fact. 

This 100%

They've basically le max go I for fresh tyres and then told everyone to move out of the way so he get in to 2nd place, then restart within seconds to get safety car in, if Lewis.pitted 1st,.max stays out and is left alone to win at a canter

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, if everyone is given the opportunity to overtake under the safety car, then it would take so long that the race would finish under the safety car?

But if no one is given the opportunity to overtake under the safety car, then Max has to overtake five people to get to Lewis?

And those would be the two normal options right?  Do it or don't; Yes or no?

But instead they've just said, anyone in between Max and Lewis can get out of the way, but the rest of you can't.

Looked at that way, you'd have to say Mercedes have a decent case for whatever it is they want to do next.

There must be something in the mega rule book about it, it doesn’t sound right that some of the cars can unlap themselves but not all. 

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

You're a bad winner Mikey, you're just been gifted the championship, show some class

As I have said, anyone but Lewis so yes I am happy. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be moaning like mad. 

Cant wait for the Netflix series to come out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, if everyone is given the opportunity to overtake under the safety car, then it would take so long that the race would finish under the safety car?

But if no one is given the opportunity to overtake under the safety car, then Max has to overtake five people to get to Lewis?

But instead they've just said, anyone in between Max and Lewis can get out of the way, but the rest of you can't.

Looked at that way, you'd have to say Mercedes have a decent case for whatever it is they want to do next.

In a nutshell, I'd fancy my chances in court if I were Merc

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bang on here. You generally have to let all the back markers through, if any. Not just the cars between Lewis and max

Just now, mykeyb said:

As I have said, anyone but Lewis so yes I am happy. If the shoe was on the other foot I would be moaning like mad. 

Cant wait for the Netflix series to come out

Ahhhh, you're just on a jolly. No worries Mikey, I can dig that, enjoy the win.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Masi said to Wolff, he wanted a race, that's why he did it. Seems he's got a bag of Saudi money waiting.

It's outrageous that someone can just completely disregard rules on a whim just because he fancies it.  He has said it publicly as well.  For what it's worth I think he **** up the first lap thing as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There must be something in the mega rule book about it, it doesn’t sound right that some of the cars can unlap themselves but not all. 

"All cars will be required to unlap themselves" is what the rulebook says.

They've just made something up for good TV and a dramatic finish.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Hmm actually - I see what you mean - as it stops say 14th being able to race with 13th when they were right behind them.  I don’t know what they do with the extra lap to be honest.

Yeah, it's making my brain hurt. It could potentially affect points in the worst case. Maybe.

Why are we letting just these three cars through?

Masi: "because erm....because erm...give me a minute Toto....erm...my main priority is to get this incident clear"

That's quite telling I think.

He's decided the Championship with a decision that isn't part of the rules - why he did that will need to be investigated.