Formula One - 2021

BOF

28 minutes ago, BOF said:

That'll mess up McLaren.

When I was there it was the year McLaren had the really awful engines. The noise they made as they went last... Like they'd used a bucket of bolts instead of engine oil!

On 07/12/2021 at 18:49, Lichfield Dean said:

So the redesign of Yas Marina looks decent

Could do with a bit of gravel to stop the inevitable wide defending but agree it looks like a decent improvement.

1wzq59psib481.jpg

On 07/12/2021 at 18:49, Lichfield Dean said:

I'm fascinated to see how these changes pan out, especially as for the first time the championship is in the balance here.

Unless we're counting Hamilton parking his car in the fiddly section trying to back Rosberg into Vettel in 16 to try and force his teammate down the order as a championship in the balance.

Looking back Vettel seemed to have no intention of passing Rosberg and letting Hamilton equal his 4 WDCs. How times change.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

I was gonna miss the first half of the race tomorrow as my lad has a football match at Solihull, now they moved the kickoff back 30 mins so I’ll probably miss the whole thing.

Then we’re out for a meal on the evening. 

Nightmare.

On a plus side my lad has really got into F1 the last few weeks. He’s gutted to be missing it live so I’ll let him watch the highlights when we’re back. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I think it's tactical from Hamilton. Always best to chase in a race with many overtaking points. The Merc is the quicker car. If Hamilton can keep a distance from Verstappen, either get in front on a pit stop or DRS him later in the race.

He didn't want Verstappen all over his rear with DRS for the majority of the race, 2nd is ideal.

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I see Max is trying the old mind games saying that he is treated  differently than others. I hope he loses.

To be fair he is treated differently. I'm sure most other drivers would have been given far worse punishments for some of his recent misdemeanours. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

In terms of the front two, Max on softs should get away early but it gives Lewis an advantage in the race.

The big questions will be about Hamilton keeping Perez behind him or out of his rear wing in the opening half a dozen laps.

Or accidentally connecting with Lewis to damage the aeros.

I don't think for one second this will happen as it could backfire. Perez just needs to get Infront of Lewis and job done.