Formula One - 2021

BOF

Max under investigation for not slowing during double waved yellows, that's normally* a slam dunk 5 place grid penalty

*as we've seen when it comes to verstappen and the fia, the normal rules don't apply

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Max under investigation for not slowing during double waved yellows, that's normally* a slam dunk 5 place grid penalty

*as we've seen when it comes to verstappen and the fia, the normal rules don't apply

That will be a 5 place penalty for Lewis probably then.

21 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

That will be a 5 place penalty for Lewis probably then.

Well yeah, the brake light on lewis car in too bright so it hurt Verstappen's eyes, he couldn't see the flags

Sainz and bottas also under investigation for not slowing but under a single yellow, in past circumstances that's a 3 place grid penalty, not slowing under double waved yellows is a 5 place penalty

41 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Well yeah, the brake light on lewis car in too bright so it hurt Verstappen's eyes, he couldn't see the flags

Sainz and bottas also under investigation for not slowing but under a single yellow, in past circumstances that's a 3 place grid penalty, not slowing under double waved yellows is a 5 place penalty

😭😭😭😭

Edited by Phil Silvers

looks like Sainz & Bottas are under investigation for not slowing under a single yellow.

Previous punishments for a single yellow infringement were a 3 place grid penalty (Max - 2019 & Lewis - 2020).

Max is under investigation for double yellow, with a previous punishment being a 5 place grid penalty for Norris in 2020.

So basically Bottas & Sainz will  be punished and good ol' Maxie "FIA will do anything to give Red Bull beneficial treatment" Verstappen will get away with only a 1 grid place improvement due to Max thinking the yellow lights were 2 suns in the sky and the astronomical type shock led him to losing a few tenths on his hot lap, so the FIA will promote him on that basis cus " ye f*** it why not gotta give the benefit to Whiner Horner".

Edit: before anyone jumps on the "waaaa you support Hammy you no like Max waaa" bandwagon, tbh im not overly keen on Hamilton, and when Max first came on the scene i actually really wanted max to succeed.

However over the last 12 months i think RB are just shooting themselves in the foot, Horner is the most annoying and whiney team principle i have ever seen, and Max is just really borderline a dirty driver, rather than a skilful one (yes he is skilful, very skilful, but he is ruining it with some of his antics), and it really looks to me that RB are getting beneficial treatment in the title race, if Hamilton or Bottas had done to Max what Max did to hamilton, the penalties would have been dished out like confetti.

Add to all this, that the regs this year were specifically changed to impact Mercedes (the floor changes), which also unfortunately impacted Aston Martin, i think was just really obvious and stank to high heaven of trying to peg back Mercedes, rather than the other teams catching them through talent/innovation etc, add it all together and it feels very.......corrupt.

Im not saying it is corrupt.....but some of the actions being taken over the last 12 months dont help the perception that there have been some strange decisions.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

Just to caveat that last point, it was widely thought at first that the changes to the follow would actually hurt the high rake cars more and Merc would be even MORE dominant. 

At this point just anyone but Mercedes. Holy shit. I mean the Ferrari years were sorta dull but at least 2 of those seasons it came down to the wire (2000 and 2003). This is the first year since 2014 its even been close. 

Also, I do think red bull have a point in that this insane pace from Mercedes in the last couple of race is really surprising. Like Ferrari in 2019 the literal argument from Merc was 'They are faster than us, they must be cheating'.