sidcow

I’ve booked to go to Florida in May, it’s a bit brave but fingers crossed the vaccines programmes in the UK and USA mean things are up an running by then.

The prices were just too good to say no to and if we can’t go we’ll just move it.

• Like 2

Desperate for a holiday and a proper pub session, plan on driving back to the UK for a week as soon as I can, actually managed to save a decent chunk of money from not being able to do anything 

Famous last words but my work secured enough new projects to mean that side of things should be OK (we secured more work during the 1st lockdown than any other construction company in Germany) 

Can't wait to start playing football again too, just normal things like that, going from playing twice a week to not playing at all for about 6 weeks now is shit

Walking in to town in the pouring rain yesterday with everything being shut 2 days before Xmas, maybe 50 people about tops in the city centre, only food shops open, no market, depressing as ****, just can't wait for stuff like that to end 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Fingers crossed but part of me expects it to be even **** worse.

In the Short term Covid is going go be **** horrible but in the medium term there looks to be several viable vaccines consign through that will consign it to history (hopefully).

A free trade agreement with the EU being announced now is big, big news. It can’t be compared to the perks of a member state as we decided that wasn’t for us. Versus no deal it’s a lifeline and something to be positive about.

Onwards and upwards.

2020 was a pretty good year, personally, but an utter horror (and worse) for loads.

I'm hoping (and expecting) 2021 to be a good year, too, for me; I'm not hoping (though rather suspecting) that will be another utter horror (and even worse) for loads.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

I hope that my family and friends stay as safe as possible.I hope that I am able to attend my best friend's wedding in March.I hope that I can accomplish my goal of completing my work of restoring my '69 Mustang and start driving it.

Really just want a sense of normalcy to return to the world and not have everybody panic over COVID.

• Like 3

With ISIS, Trump, and covid, this has been such a horrible decade. 

Please let the new decade begin well, and may this one stay as the worst.

8 hours ago, AJ said:

Please let the new decade begin well, and may this one stay as the worst.

I cannot believe, that on today of all days, you have chosen to reignite the "when does the decade start" argument.  Even the trenches came together on Christmas Day. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

It can't be worse.  It just can't be. 

I think it will. I don’t trust those in charge to make the right choices. I think it’ll take another two or three years before we may see some form of recovery and an end to the pandemic. 

21 hours ago, sidcow said:

It can't be worse.  It just can't be. 

At this point you just want everyone you care about to stay healthy, but I'm quite worried about the economy going into the new year. Suspect a lot of economic consequences have been under reported or delayed. I also wonder how many families at this point is highly leveraged on credit cards.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I cannot believe, that on today of all days, you have chosen to reignite the "when does the decade start" argument.  Even the trenches came together on Christmas Day. 

WTF?

How on earth do you figure I am trying to raise an argument? If there is a debate/ argument about when the decade starts, it is one I really couldn't care less about, and it really wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that this year was a pile of crap, but recently alot of recent years haven;t been great also. Of course I want it to better. I want the same things as you,  but I am wary.

I think it is interesting that you have chosen my post as an excuse for outrage on a day of all days.

Merry Christmas.

Edited by AJ
  • Haha 2

Next year I will be mostly...

spacer.png

Seriously though, I'd like to move house. I don't want to go to prison and the scum next door just make me want to be an arsonist, while they are all still in there.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AJ said:

WTF?

How on earth do you figure I am trying to raise an argument? If there is a debate/ argument about when the decade starts, it is one I really couldn't care less about, and it really wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that this year was a pile of crap, but recently alot of recent years haven;t been great also. Of course I want it to better. I want the same things as you,  but I am wary.

I think it is interesting that you have chosen my post as an excuse for outrage on a day of all days.

Merry Christmas.

I think he was just joking with you, AJ.

• Thanks 2

Â