sidcow

16 minutes ago, AJ said:

WTF?

How on earth do you figure I am trying to raise an argument? If there is a debate/ argument about when the decade starts, it is one I really couldn't care less about, and it really wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that this year was a pile of crap, but recently alot of recent years haven;t been great also. Of course I want it to better. I want the same things as you,  but I am wary.

I think it is interesting that you have chosen my post as an excuse for outrage on a day of all days.

Merry Christmas.

What you don't seem to grasp is that this is a sensitive subject, with a significant cultural divide, and on Christmas day, you've risked starting a race war. I'm with @sidcow, this is an absolute disgrace.

Not really. I think you missed the joke. :P 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What you don't seem to grasp is that this is a sensitive subject, with a significant cultural divide, and on Christmas day, you've risked starting a race war. I'm with @sidcow, this is an absolute disgrace.

Not really. I think you missed the joke. :P 

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think he was just joking with you, AJ.

mash up joke GIF

With no smiley/ winky face to guide me, it was hard to tell, but I should have figured it from the poster. 😜

Apologies @sidcow

Yes. Very droll, Sir.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm going to rebuild my life, basically. Hope to find work and decent housing in an area not populated with a lot of MAGAs. I looked at a house recently but the house across the street was flying a Confederate flag with a raised middle finger graphic.  You get that element in Maine. 

Following Villa recently has honestly been the only fun thing I've been doing. So I hope to repay the Villa by flying to England to see them again in person.  Or maybe fly to Barcelona to watch us play there!

I hope Trump goes to prison or just dies of a heart attack. Trumpism needs to be eradicated and it needs to start on January 20. 

I hope next summer is fairly normal again. Not sure i want to jump back into the bar business though. 

Let's hope 2021 is better. This has been a brutal year.

Hope you have a much better 2021 and that seeing Villa in Barcelona comes true! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJ said:

WTF?

How on earth do you figure I am trying to raise an argument? If there is a debate/ argument about when the decade starts, it is one I really couldn't care less about, and it really wasn't my point. I was merely pointing out that this year was a pile of crap, but recently alot of recent years haven;t been great also. Of course I want it to better. I want the same things as you,  but I am wary.

I think it is interesting that you have chosen my post as an excuse for outrage on a day of all days.

Merry Christmas.

Whoa, many apologies, it was just a joke, no offence was meant. 

Last year there was a big debate about when the decade starts.  Just a silly joke.  

Be at peace, have a great day. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Whoa, many apologies, it was just a joke, no offence was started. 

Last year there was a big debate about when the decade starts.  Just a silly joke.  

Yes, very sorry about that mate, I did miss the memo that there was some silly debate about that.

The decade starts on January 1st, 2021.

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Whoa, many apologies, it was just a joke, no offence was meant. 

Well you've now started an argument in our house about this... So cheers! 

Although I have just seen the wife admit she was wrong, I was right and change her mind. It must be Christmas! 

Shame that only happens about once a decade so I've got another X years to wait for the next one. 

It’s two separate things.

1930 is in the ‘30s.

The decade in which 1930 occurred ran from the start of 1921 to the end of 1930.

This is of course if you’re of the mindset to discount the perfectly legitimate phantom time hypothesis from 614AD to 911AD.

Spoiler

troll dancing GIF

Â