Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

It's funny, I don't fully hate Birmingham like so many from here as I am not from Birmingham, I've never even lived in Birmingham and my only connection at all to the city is the fact I support Villa. I pretty much just don't like them as that's what I'm required to do and they've riled me in the past with things like the Savage/Dublin incident.

I'm almost jealous of the full on hatred lol. Must make it extra sweet for you all when we beat them.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

So f*** off harry redknapp, your face looks like a ball sack, you're a conman, you're a conman! 

They really are the club that keeps on giving! :wub:

Honestly there were moments last night when I literally burst out laughing at random moments,  not just becasue they lost but the fact that we were the late game on Sky,  on a normal day the small heath would be right in thinking the Villa would mess it up (On Sky etc).  At about the same time they were getting rid of old "Harry the saviour" we were winning 3 nil.  They deserve it but Harry could have done so much more damage and for that i am quite sad,  leaving just before Xmas would have been better but what can you do ? To be honest,  I'm thinking Barry Fry at the moment, he could do a job there for us I am sure of it.

Local midlands journo on twitter is claiming they are paying Jota 40k a week when other clubs were offering 20k, paid 3m for Roberts when highest rival bid was 1.5m and also offered Terry a higher wage than what we're paying him. Darren Dein (son of David) is running transfers there.

They seem to have adopted the strategy we did last year and then wonder why they can't win a game.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Local midlands journo on twitter is claiming they are paying Jota 40k a week when other clubs were offering 20k, paid 3m for Roberts when highest rival bid was 1.5m and also offered Terry a higher wage than what we're paying him. Darren Dein (son of David) is running transfers there.

They seem to have adopted the strategy we did last year and then wonder why they can't win a game.

I think it was fairly widely reported that they offered JT £100k a week.

Luckily he obviously has a brain

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm really hoping they've got one almighty horror show of an appointment up their sleeve, you know a "they've done what?" moment....

I've got faith they can pull another one out.

If they go down this season they will implode.

I read your post and genuinely thought "imagine if they appointed Zola"

Then remembered they already did that :D 

• Haha 1

Not often I agree with Joey Barton but this is bang on and exactly what has happened at SHA.

Joey Barton today claimed Harry Redknapp will be to blame if QPR are relegated from the top flight.

Defeat against Everton yesterday left Rangers four points from safety with eight games remaining and skipper Barton says the former  manager’s transfer business and poor pre-season planning has left them facing the drop.

A spirited display counted for nothing after Aaron Lennon’s 77th-minute strike gave Everton a 2-1 win, leaving Chris Ramsey with six defeats from seven matches since taking over from Redknapp, who left last month saying he needed knee surgery.

Barton believes the club are still suffering from Redknapp’s reign.

QPR had a hastily arranged pre-season, in which they travelled to Germany and Ireland to play modest opposition. Redknapp made eight summer signings and allowed 15 players to leave. He spent a great deal of time drilling the squad in a 3-5-2 system they quickly abandoned once the campaign got under way. Barton is refusing to give up hope but was typically forthright when assessing where things have gone wrong.

He said: “It is difficult for me to get away from the blatantly obvious facts. Those facts being, realistically, statistically, we are the worst team in the league. Finishing fourth in the Championship last season, scraping up via the play-offs says that.”

Although he does not mention Redknapp by name, it is clear to whom Barton is referring when he adds: “So the thing that you have got to do in between getting promoted and getting back to the Premier League is have an incredible pre-season and recruit really well.

“You would have to look at that and make a decision on that. Then the next recruitment window is key. Again, you have to look at that window and say, ‘have we given ourselves the maximum opportunity?’ Because everybody put a shift in against Everton and we have come up short.

“It is key in football. For all the effort, sometimes you come up short. The fact we are in with a puncher’s chance after, without wanting to name names, being privy to a lot of the things that go on at this club which people don’t really know about or only hear rumours on the grapevine about, is a minor miracle.

“It would have been great to win because that would have put us right back in the pack with other teams. It would have given us a viable route of one win and you are out of the bottom three. That’s not the case. But we have got that puncher’s chance.

“We have got to play the sides around us — West Brom, Aston Villa — and if you don’t get results against those teams, if you don’t start picking up results on the road… you can’t win one away game all season. The side in the table nearest to us has got seven points away from home and we have got three. If you add those four points on we are out of the bottom three or certainly pushing Sunderland quite close. You get what you put in in this League. This League doesn’t lie.

“We are looking around that dressing room and you can’t fault people. They have given everything. If they are not good enough, that is a recruitment issue. That is not players not putting it in. For me, as a player, all you can ask of your team-mates is to put a shift in.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/joey-barton-blames-harry-redknapp-as-qpr-battle-to-avoid-the-drop-10127625.html

14 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I feel a bit silly for having to ask this, but aside from the obvious, why does Simon Jordan really dislike Blues?

Prob been answered but he was pissed when they took Bruce from Palace

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Prob been answered but he was pissed when they took Bruce from Palace

Its his own fault then for not being sober on the job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Isn't Lee Carsley one of us? I'm sure I've not inagined that.

I think he came out and said he was never really a fan of either team as a kid. His family are blosers in the main 

Edited by Xela

Â