Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

14 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Doesn't fancy it according to Alan Nixon the journo

Carsley was caretaker manager at Brentford for a while (just before Smith arrived iirc) and did an amazing job. He was offered the role permanently but turned it down because he doesn't want to manage. He said at the time he enjoyed working with players but wanted his focus to be on working with younger players, bringing them through. He is his own man and I can't imagine he would change his mind if offered a big bag of money.

Edited by choffer

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

Carsley was caretaker manager at Brentford for a while (just before Smith arrived iirc) and did an amazing job. He was offered the role permanently but turned it down because he doesn't want to manage. He said at the time he enjoyed working with players but wanted his focus to be on working with younger players, bringing them through. He is his own man and I can't imagine he would change his mind if offered a big bag of money.

Interesting, didn't know that.

I believe he is now coaching England Under 21's so you'd assume he would have to give that up to be a manager. 

Given what you've said, his England coaching role and the way Small Heath are going through managers it seems really unlikely he would want it.

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Interesting, didn't know that.

I believe he is now coaching England Under 21's so you'd assume he would have to give that up to be a manager. 

Given what you've said, his England coaching role and the way Small Heath are going through managers it seems really unlikely he would want it.

Nothing says team on the up like 6 straight defeats. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He's been dev coach at Birmingham since the summer. Although he's agreed to a caretaker role now that 'arry has gone, I can't see him taking it permanently.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Cotterill now favourite.... :D

I'm still seeing Karanka & Carsley @ 3/1, McLaren @ 5/1 & Adkins @ 6s.  Cotterill is next on 8s.  Not a great bunch of names all the same :D

They do need to be very careful.  They escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth last season so it's not like they've some massive cushion between them and the relegation sides.   They're one of them and they're in it now already and they don't have that much better a squad than last season :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh McLaren would provide some amusement...

If only,  imagine the January transfers Mclaren would bring in to start his "Vision",  imagine it. 

Combine anything the new manger does in January with the walking dead rejects Arry brought in,  add a sprinkle of Zola trash and you have league 1 all day long IMO.  

16 minutes ago, BOF said:

They do need to be very careful.  They escaped relegation by the skin of their teeth last season so it's not like they've some massive cushion between them and the relegation sides.   They're one of them and they're in it now already and they don't have that much better a squad than last season :D 

It's a lot bigger but strangely of less overall quality and a lot more crippled at the moment.  (Their injury list is ace at the moment)

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Derby (A)

Sheff Wed (H)

Hull (A)

Cardiff (H)

Milwall (A)

Villa (H)

Not many points to be had between now and our game looking at those fixtures, they could be in a right pickle by the time we go down the road.

With a caretaker manger no less.  What do they need from that 21 points and what should they get ? I think they need 10 or its starting to look a bit dicey already.  I think they deserve to get 1 or 2 draws to keep it moving along,  0-0's all the way though. 

Â