Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Good to see Jobe Bellingham doing well, if not just to spite their fans, most of them on that forum of theirs when he was rumoured to leaving were going on about how he's done nothing for them, he's not as good as his brother was, £3m a good price and so on, some were also blaming his dad saying he was insisting that Jobe had to play, which lead to him being picked ahead of better players just because of his name, all this ignoring that he's one of the best players in his age group in the country, was looking competent last season at championship level as seventeen year old, and looks even better now and he's only just turned eighteen, Sunderland will make a big profit on him, and I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a better career than all the current small heath squad

1 hour ago, useless said:

Their new owners are worth nine billion, or so I've read, they're going to invest hundreds of millions not just in the club but the whole region and become a beacon of light for the City, Cook says he wants them to be Birmingham's best known brand if they're not already, he also says the City needs them more than the club needs the City, in the long-term they're going to be building a new stadium to help with revenue, it's strongly rumoured that they want the 'wheels site', they will be investing money this summer as the current three year FFP cycle ends, so they will have more scope to spend, they've also got some big earners coming to the end of their contracts Gardner and Hogan amonst them, which will also help, they want to have the best academy in the region, and get the women's team back to being one of the best in the country, and so on.

A strategic nuke would be cheaper and better served to the City. You also get a beacon of light and a mushroom cloud thrown in for good measure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Birmingham having two solid PL teams will only be a plus for the city.  One of the few positives of the championship years was being able to 6 pts off of them every season. 

Only thing really missing from from this current stay in PL is a side to purely despise. Wolves just isn't cutting it. 

No thanks your own on that one

10 hours ago, useless said:

Their new owners are worth nine billion, or so I've read, they're going to invest hundreds of millions not just in the club but the whole region and become a beacon of light for the City, Cook says he wants them to be Birmingham's best known brand if they're not already, he also says the City needs them more than the club needs the City, in the long-term they're going to be building a new stadium to help with revenue, it's strongly rumoured that they want the 'wheels site', they will be investing money this summer as the current three year FFP cycle ends, so they will have more scope to spend, they've also got some big earners coming to the end of their contracts Gardner and Hogan amonst them, which will also help, they want to have the best academy in the region, and get the women's team back to being one of the best in the country, and so on.

So they plan to build a new stadium creating more debt for the club for a club tahts struggling to get 20k a game. Seems like a utter waste of time and money.

Its all good saying you are gojng to spend x amount you want to do this etc but how they do they plan to make any profit on any players 🤔  also im sure all the players they signed this summer wilm be on big contracts

Finally all that ffp money is going to be on rooneys big contract and all his staff when he is sacked.

I think the stadium is meant to be more of a long term thing, like after they get promoted, but somone who is reliable for news on them, as said they've had talks over buying 'the wheels site'.

I don't know if they've said they're going to spend a load of money on transfers as such, just that in the summer they will have more scope to spend, and because of that will be expecting to push on, I could be wrong but I don't think they will be going crazy to the extent that the liks of us and Wolves did, when we were able to bring in players that were too good for that division.

I watched some of the open house thing and there were a lot of references to needing to boost revenue, obviously that's true of all clubs, but the way they kept going on about it, made me think they're probably not going to actually spend a lot of their own money, and selling their fans all these big dreams so they can raise ticket prices

12 minutes ago, useless said:

I think the stadium is meant to be more of a long term thing, like after they get promoted, but somone who is reliable for news on them, as said they've had talks over buying 'the wheels site'.

I don't know if they've said they're going to spend a load of money on transfers as such, just that in the summer they will have more scope to spend, and because of that will be expecting to push on, I could be wrong but I don't think they will be going crazy to the extent that the liks of us and Wolves did, when we were able to bring in players that were too good for that division.

I watched some of the open house thing and there were a lot of references to needing to boost revenue, obviously that's true of all clubs, but the way they kept going on about it, made me think they're probably not going to actually spend a lot of their own money, and selling their fans all these big dreams so they can raise ticket prices

Im sure you are right about the stadium being long term but i have a feeling these people are in it to make money quick. They have thrown alot of money buying the club,  big contract for shrek, investing in fixting the sty andrews, players already being signed on bigger contracts yet zero progress on the pitch where it matters.

If anything they look worse than last year.

It wont be sustainable long term i think while they do shit in the league.

The brady interest has already died down significantly.  Maybe the documentary? But other than being a bloser fan who the hell would watch it unless you want a night of comedy?

23 minutes ago, useless said:

They're a hedge fund outfit, so they won't be spending more than they have to. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, useless said:

Well consider me well and truly rattled

• Shocked 1

49 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

With their owners beeing worth that much we trying to tell me they are worth as much as ours?

You sound rattled.

Matey mate mate.

• Haha 1

Their new owners are worth nine billion, or so I've read, they're going to invest hundreds of millions not just in the club but the whole region and become a beacon of light for the City, Cook says he wants them to be Birmingham's best known brand if they're not already, he also says the City needs them more than the club needs the City, in the long-term they're going to be building a new stadium to help with revenue, it's strongly rumoured that they want the 'wheels site', they will be investing money this summer as the current three year FFP cycle ends, so they will have more scope to spend, they've also got some big earners coming to the end of their contracts Gardner and Hogan amonst them, which will also help, they want to have the best academy in the region, and get the women's team back to being one of the best in the country, and so on.

i8n.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, useless said:

The new owners wealth is nowhere near $9 Billion, that is the amount the hedge found is worth they control, in football terms they are paupers 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Do we even know if thats true? I doubt the players like buchanen aiwu dembele adams came on cheap wages or that japanese fella.

Hopefully Cardiff do them tonight 🙏 

Only Buchanan might be on a decent salary but the rest came from a lot lower budget teams than what we paid Hogan who probably didnt take a huge pay cut

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Only Buchanan might be on a decent salary but the rest came from a lot lower budget teams than what we paid Hogan who probably didnt take a huge pay cut

Demebele was signed from Bournemouth so you would imagine he would be on a high end championship/lower end PL salary 

Just checked on aiwu and he is a loan thiught he was a permanent signing.

Adams i would imagine is on a big salary

That Japanese guy just checked up on him came from antwerp so no idea what he be on

Also forgot sanderson i think he was on a decent salary at wolves

Didnt realise they had so many on loan. Stansfield anothee loan signing and probably their best one.  So i would imagine they probably would want to make that one a permanent deal but doubt it will be cheap

56 minutes ago, tismyk said:

The new owners wealth is nowhere near $9 Billion, that is the amount the hedge found is worth they control, in football terms they are paupers 

Proppa paupers mate

• Like 1

Â