Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

You sack a manager doing a great job, the fans are on board, the players are on board. Everybody is happy.

Did he win his last 2 and you're going into a run of 5 really really really tricky fixtures.

What on earth would possess you to make that change, why not just wait until Eustace lost a few, or there was a run of games that wasn't horrific.

It's absolutely unbelievable and just a recipe to get fans immediately rallying against the manager at the first sign of trouble. There is going to be zero leeway. There is no goodwill, no honeymoon period. You know from day 1 Rooney needs to come in and win every week...and it's Rooney ,,,not Graham Potter (lol)

It's staggering. Absolutely staggering.

You don't need to be a £1m chief executive or sporting director to know that this was a decision that was 99% going to backfire in spectacular fashion for all the points above.

• Like 3

I don't get the hate here. Yes it's a crap appointment but at least give it a chance ffs. We had a long history of disliking Gerrard but at least we gave him 6-12 months before we all turned on him. The same with Bruce. They're a proper weird fanbase. 

32 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

They're a proper weird fanbase. 

The photo above proves that.

Looks like a casting session for a reboot of The Munsters.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I don't get the hate here. Yes it's a crap appointment but at least give it a chance ffs. We had a long history of disliking Gerrard but at least we gave him 6-12 months before we all turned on him. The same with Bruce. They're a proper weird fanbase. 

I would say the difference is when Bruce and Gerrard walked in, things weren’t really that great. One win in 11 for RDM and five straight losses for Deano. Bruce and Gerrard weren’t popular, but there was a broader acceptance that a change probably needed to happen. Plus, the start we had with the two Steves was good.

Whereas sha were doing alright, they  were in the playoff positions, they had won a few games and they’ve decided to get rid of the manager who had them doing that and they have subsequently lost two games. Add in the fact they did this before with almost catastrophic consequences, so perhaps a sense of deja vu.

That being said, I would agree that telling him to **** off at the end of his first home game is a lot more vitriolic at such an early stage than I would have thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I always find it odd when we pick on fans based on the way they look. I get we hate blues and all that, but fair play to them for spending money going to watch their local team on a Tuesday night, even if it is Blues.
I get that there are no rocket scientists in that picture, but just feels low always digging out people on appearance. 

Dunno, maybe I've just grown out of it all. 

Absolute agree 100% , so puerile and gross.

At least two of them in the crowd are worth a smash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of a decent percentage being unhappy at the previous manager going, to be jeering the replacement off in his first home game is shocking support. 

We were fuming with Gerrard, certainly towards the end, and there was no real vocal dissent until Fulham. The home support stayed with him/the team 

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

Regardless of a decent percentage being unhappy at the previous manager going, to be jeering the replacement off in his first home game is shocking support. 

We were fuming with Gerrard, certainly towards the end, and there was no real vocal dissent until Fulham. The home support stayed with him/the team 

I didn't

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wayne Rooney responds to Birmingham fans after being told to 'f**k off back to America'

Wayne Rooney has made it clear he won't be going anywhere anytime soon despite Birmingham fans turning on him on Wednesday night.

:crylaugh:

Very reassuring.... mate

This is my favourite bit:

“Listen [nice shoutout to Stevie G there], [the boos] are part of football,” he said.

"Sometimes there’s a bed wetting period. The Blues fans will be used to that."

"Anyway they can't afford to sack me so they'll both have to deal with it. Haha, mate".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I always find it odd when we pick on fans based on the way they look. I get we hate blues and all that, but fair play to them for spending money going to watch their local team on a Tuesday night, even if it is Blues.
I get that there are no rocket scientists in that picture, but just feels low always digging out people on appearance. 

Dunno, maybe I've just grown out of it all. 

Surely though you can’t argue with the fact that they look several rungs below most of the rest of humanity on the evolutionary scale?

As in more Australopithecus or Cro-Magnon man than your modern-day Homo Sapiens? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Wayne Rooney responds to Birmingham fans after being told to 'f**k off back to America'

Wayne Rooney has made it clear he won't be going anywhere anytime soon despite Birmingham fans turning on him on Wednesday night.

:crylaugh:

Very reassuring.... mate

FYI... This link takes you to GB News. 

Shudder.

Â