Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

2 hours ago, meregreen said:

My point still stands. He can get good results early doors, but ultimately he bottles it and quits. 

Monk is doing much better than bruce did this year. Makes you wonder if monk had cash he could make blose a force.

• Like 1

On 21/10/2018 at 11:19, HanoiVillan said:

It's not a defence. They are either rich, or they aren't (to be clear, I don't know which it is). It's empirically measurable, so it's not a defence. 

Empirically measurable or not, I think @Zatman was commenting on fifamad's tendency to quickly jump to SHA's defence if anything negative is said about them.

Which is entirely his prerogative. It's just noticeable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Empirically measurable or not, I think @Zatman was commenting on fifamad's tendency to quickly jump to SHA's defence if anything negative is said about them.

Which is entirely his prerogative. It's just noticeable.

For sure. I guess I'm trying to say that accusing someone of being a secret nose is pretty severe, so needs stronger evidence! 

I call it as I see it, someone said sha owners are broke and I read they are extremely wealthy, i like to talk/debate with a honest view while others just repeatedly dismiss anything if it’s not calling them shite, I believe they have a good manager and some decent players, guess that makes me a nose ?

Credit where credit is due..... Monk has got the best out of a quite frankly mid to lower table squad. Even got all the noses loving Gardner, so he must be doing well also.

Have got a feeling Stoke will get rid of Rowett soonish and go in for him... now that would be funny! 

This points deduction could also turn out to be this seasons quit moment for Monk. 

Also just realised that between the Derby game and Blues game there is a 2 week wait... crikey those two weeks are going to be absolute torture ?

11 hours ago, leighavfc said:

. Also just realised that between the Derby game and Blues game there is a 2 week wait... crikey those two weeks are going to be absolute torture ?

Damn, I thought all the international breaks were done with until next year. I guess the positive is that it gives Smith some extra time with some of the squad ahead of that game. 

It’ll be nerve racking playing them, as they’ll be tough to beat. 

16 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Credit where credit is due..... Monk has got the best out of a quite frankly mid to lower table squad. Even got all the noses loving Gardner, so he must be doing well also.

Have got a feeling Stoke will get rid of Rowett soonish and go in for him... now that would be funny! 

This points deduction could also turn out to be this seasons quit moment for Monk. 

Also just realised that between the Derby game and Blues game there is a 2 week wait... crikey those two weeks are going to be absolute torture ?

Great thats the worst timw to play the  when all our players are way

Garry Monk is a more than decent manager at this level...who knew huh...

They look again like they did for two years under Rowett. Difficult to beat and usually have a goal in them so that lifts them up a reasonable place in this league. Could easily have more points on the board aswell which is pretty scary as that would mean top 6 and that just feels wrong....and very depressing.

Edit: Think we'll struggle big time against them at VP tbh. They could still be on their unbeaten run when they turn up here yet will still be underdogs so not a good formula to play a team in those circumstances especially considering how poor we become at the back under any sort of pressure.

Edited by VillaChris

Monk just playing to the same strategy he had at Leeds. Long ball to the biggest striker he can find hence why Jutkieweicz is high on the ratings table. It works but only gets you so far. 

In a bigger Villa Park pitch we should have enough about us to combat that threat

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Monk just playing to the same strategy he had at Leeds. Long ball to the biggest striker he can find hence why Jutkieweicz is high on the ratings table. It works but only gets you so far. 

In a bigger Villa Park pitch we should have enough about us to combat that threat

Yeah of course with that clown nyland in goal and the shambles of a defence we have...this will be the year they beat us unfortunately as we are just a shambles defensively 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, momo said:

Nice to give them Gardner so they could have this upturn in form

It's not about an upturn in form, it's about him having the confidence to play, knowing he's got the faith of his manager.  He's never had that here, so his confidence is always low, because there's an expectancy on him which is to deliver, not to give him the opportunity.

He's a decent player, but the championship is his level.  His knees destroyed his chances of a good PL career.  

He wasn't great for us, but he had a huge expectation on him, didn't deliver straight away, had awful injuries and he's looked poor.  Not entirely blameless, but certainly not worth the criticism he gets here.

That's why he's always looked ok to good when on loan.  It's us, not him. 

• Like 4

I think that's a good point The expectation is low there so they can lose and its expected.  This has the.. with us we always expect to beat most teams a d I think that has a added pressure on us.

But expectations are getting lower for us these days. Most of us accept we are a average side these days despite the talent we have

Â